Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why Can't I Control My Emotions?  (Read 12380 times)

Offline CandaceV

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why Can't I Control My Emotions?
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:22:12 AM »
Yesterday was a bad day. I woke up and was just upset for no reason. Like the smallest thing would set me off. I tried to keep my composure but later that night, I had a nerve break down. I was crying uncontrollably. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't even really talk. I didn't know how to explain what was going through my head. My boyfriend (James) was trying to talk to be' but I pushed him away. I started to yell at him for no real reason.I didn't know how to control my emotions. It just seems like this always happens. I cry all the time. Whenever I get into an argument with James, I cry. I cry myself to sleep. I want to sleep all the time. I don't understand why I feel like this. I don't want to be afraid of my emotions and worry about the next time I'm going to have a mental break down. I need help. Please if someone has some advise for me just write me back. Thank you for reading this.

CandaceV
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lanie

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why Can't I Control My Emotions?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:05:08 PM »
Hi Candace :action-smiley-065:

It sounds to me like you are under a lot of distress and anxiety lately...Is there anything major going on in your life? Maybe even little things that are building up? Why do you think those "smallest things" are setting you off? Most likely there is something happening beneath the surface that needs to be addressed.

I would suggest therapy and keeping a journal of your thoughts and feelings. Journaling allows you to figure out your anxiety triggers and why you are experiencing all of this depression/fear/anxiety/crying...Counseling can help you work through these issues and cope with them better. I would also suggest writing a letter to your boyfriend explaining as best you can about the situation you are in, especially if you are having difficulty having a discussion with him about it.

When I get like your experiences, it's because of something majorly stressful or anxiety-producing going on in my life at the time. For example, one time I was driving in my car and I heard a song that reminded me of an abusive ex-boyfriend...it set me into an incredibly painful panic. BUT at the time I was stressed out about other things (final exams, graduation) and so this little incident of the song on the radio drove me over the edge...I wasn't properly dealing with my exam and graduation stress and so it was very easy for me to be pushed to my limit...I hope that makes sense :spineyes: I have a tendency not to deal with my real anxieties and stresses and instead I take them all out on seemingly minor or non-existant "moments."

I hope you feel better today. I know what it feels like and it's the pits :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline CandaceV

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why Can't I Control My Emotions?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »
Hi Candace :action-smiley-065:

It sounds to me like you are under a lot of distress and anxiety lately...Is there anything major going on in your life? Maybe even little things that are building up? Why do you think those "smallest things" are setting you off? Most likely there is something happening beneath the surface that needs to be addressed.

I would suggest therapy and keeping a journal of your thoughts and feelings. Journaling allows you to figure out your anxiety triggers and why you are experiencing all of this depression/fear/anxiety/crying...Counseling can help you work through these issues and cope with them better. I would also suggest writing a letter to your boyfriend explaining as best you can about the situation you are in, especially if you are having difficulty having a discussion with him about it.

When I get like your experiences, it's because of something majorly stressful or anxiety-producing going on in my life at the time. For example, one time I was driving in my car and I heard a song that reminded me of an abusive ex-boyfriend...it set me into an incredibly painful panic. BUT at the time I was stressed out about other things (final exams, graduation) and so this little incident of the song on the radio drove me over the edge...I wasn't properly dealing with my exam and graduation stress and so it was very easy for me to be pushed to my limit...I hope that makes sense :spineyes: I have a tendency not to deal with my real anxieties and stresses and instead I take them all out on seemingly minor or non-existant "moments."

I hope you feel better today. I know what it feels like and it's the pits :(

I don't think I'm under anymore more stress than usual, but my little sister was taken into foster care about 4 months ago. She's only 3. I stopped talking to my father almost two years ago because hhe was abusive to my brother, my mom and me when I was younger. And this last sunday was my sister birthday and I had to see my father. I think that's what was stressing me out the other night.

I just feel abandoned by my family. I feel like my mother and father never protected my brother and me from anything. They never saw the real pain I felt everyday and how I would cry myself to sleep every night but once i met my boyfriend it changed. I'm not so depressed anymore but I still think it's there. And it scares me to be so depend on him emotional. My best friend just moved acrossed the country and I don't want to go to her with all my troubles and bother her. That's why I'm here.

Thank you for the advise. I will try them out and see how the it works out :)

Candace
Bookmark and Share

Tags: