Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Right Arm feels stiff and weak when i wake up...  (Read 7205 times)

Offline grodriguez0389

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Right Arm feels stiff and weak when i wake up...
« on: August 31, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »
Hey every I'm Gerardo and i have been having some problems with my right arm and with thoughts of having a stroke... I have been stressing about this illness for three days now and it doesn't seem to be coming to an end... it started about two nights ago when i was talking to my cousin over xbox live when all of a sudden my voice seemed to slow down out of nowhere... i then started having a panic attack and i eventually calmed down... afterwards when i was a little more calmed down i felt this burning sensation on my scalp that radiated from the right side of my head... it was really scary and i didn't get any sleep till it stopped about two hours later... i ha vent had any other problems with my head since that night... last night however i woke up from sleep at like 4 in the morningand noticed that my arm felt weak and stiff... it felt like if i tried to stretch my wrist it would pull on my forearm... i panicked again and it started to feel a little numb and tingly... after this episode i went about my day and really didn't notice anything weird that i ha vent experienced before... which is feeling off balance and feeling like i cant focus my eyes on things... the sense of impending doom... about 1 or 2 in the afternoon i start feeling the stiffness in my right arm... it isn't as bad as when i wake up but i can still feel it anyway... i took a nap because my eyes felt Really tired and i was getting weird sensations in the back of my neck... the nap seemed to help my eyes but i also felt my right arm as really stiff this time... as I'm writing it feels stiff but not as bad as the night before... could all this be anxiety related or am i at risk of a stroke... i mean nobody in my family has ever had one.. or had problems with anything else except high cholesterol and diabetes...
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousMatt

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: Right Arm feels stiff and weak when i wake up...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »
Your arm is probably stiff from sleeping on it  :laugh3:

But seriously, you are monitoring your bodily functions way too much, and this hypervigilance is keeping your body tense and in an anxious state, which can cause all kinds of wierd aches and pains due to tension in the muscles, and yes even in your neck in head which can make anybody feel wierd and crappy. I too have woken up and my arm was stiff, tingly and numb....from sleeping on it in an awkward position. How old are you btw?
Bookmark and Share
Check out my blog! It might help you!

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?article=18998.0

Offline grodriguez0389

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »
im 20 years old... i think i might have slept onit wrong but idk.. i couldnt remember how i was sleeping..
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousMatt

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »
Your 20 years old...are you hugely overweight and obese...? Having a stroke should be the least of your worries
Bookmark and Share
Check out my blog! It might help you!

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?article=18998.0

Offline grodriguez0389

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »
actually no i used to weight 240 and im like 5'10" so it was considered obese but since them which was about 4-5 months ago ive lost almost fourty pounds... so idk why im worrying its just when i get the symptoms a get really worried...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: