Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ear hurts when swallowing  (Read 40520 times)

Offline mominpanic

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Ear hurts when swallowing
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
My HA has actually been pretty good lately.  I'd say I am at least 80% better than I was at my lowest point about 6 months ago.  However, I think it is starting to creep back up again.  I had a bad case of bronchitis for most of the summer, from about the end of June until a couple weeks ago.  I finally convinced the doctor to give me some antibiotics, and I started feeling better.  I do still have the lingering cough and some allergy/sinus issues that I have been taking meds for.

Now to my current problem:  When I swallow, my left ear hurts.  It almost feels like the left side of my tonsil hurts and shoots up intio my ear, if that makes sense.  I really can't tell if it's my throat hurting or if it's just the middle ear area, but it has been like this for about a week now, sometimes worse than others.  I made the mistake of googling it last night and, of course, came up with metastatic neck cancer!! 

I am sick of doctors because I went 3 separate times for the bronchitis thing, but am debating on going for this.  Have any of you ever had this or any ideas on what may be causing this?  Thanks!
Bookmark and Share
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones - Proverbs 17:22

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ear hurts when swallowing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
I've had something that sounds like this a few times.. It's always turned out to be an ear infection. Have you had your ears looked at?
Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Offline mominpanic

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
That's what I'm wondering, but if it's an ear infection, I've never had an ear infection that felt like this.  Wouldn't it be a constant pain and not mostly when I just swallow?  I had my ears looked at when I went in about 3 weeks ago and they were fine, but this has only been within the last week or so.
Bookmark and Share
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones - Proverbs 17:22

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »
I wasn't in constant pain with my ear infections - but i did get a sharp pain when i swallowed. I'm sure its nothing to worry about.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »
My ENT physician has told me that in many cases there is no organic cause and it may also
be allergies, a cold, post nasal drip, etc.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: