Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Keep feeling like I am going to pass out! Not sugar, not BP,...really lost.  (Read 12796 times)

Offline AYKM

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
So this has happened about three times over the last two years, where I my vision gets very wonky (not blurry, but feels like I am looking through water) and then I get this electric tingly feeling all over my whole body. Then my vision gets darker and I feel like I am going to pass out. My heart starts to beat very fast and I start breathing really fast and shallow.

The other day I work, I actually did pass out (for a few seconds) and when I came too I was VERY shaky. Now again, while I was driving, it just happened again but this time I felt like I could "fight it off." I went to the Dr. and they found a bad UTI and put me on antibiotics. I had eaten about 2 hours before I went in (french fries, a small coke and sandwich) when they tested my sugar by finger it was 95 and no sugar in urine. Blood work came back all normal and sugar was 82. BP was 124/78 so that was normal.

Starting to get concerned that these almost fainting spells are something major, but what?? If blood came back fine, the only thing left is brain or heart. My heart has been checked, but I haven't had an MRI in about 15 years. Not sure what to do, but now I am so worried to go anywhere. I also feel very weak and tired. I am on celexa (5 mg/day) which I did get off schedule with for a little and take xanax as needed (usually .25 mg at one time)

I had bad hypoglycemia as a child/teenager where I would pass out or almost pass out, but this time I had just eaten?? It happened about 20 minutes after I ate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Usually this happens and then I feel okay after awhile, but since passing out on Thursday, I just don't feel level. I feel so off, and so close to it happening again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline FeelingOptimistic

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Hi AY,

I read your  post earlier today and was hoping that someone with something helpful would chime in but I see no one did.  I passed out in Jan. and ended up in the hospital for tests and nothing was found to be wrong.  Sometimes that just happens.  With your hypoglycemia as I child, I have no positive comments but I just wanted you to know that I feel for you and that I hope you get help from some qualified professionals so you know what the heck is going on.  Hang in there!

Feeling Optimistic :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
My anxiety always makes me feel like I'm about to fall over or pass out....it goes back and forth between the two for about 90% of the day, everyday. I do think a big part of your situation is due to HA but if you had issues with passing out in the past then you should discuss your concerns with your doctor, if at least for nothing more than reassurance.
And are you breathing normally? People with anxiety have a bad habit of holding their breath alot and then taking really deep breaths without realizing it. I don't know why really but I know that I do it all the time. I realized it a little over a year ago and I think it might be one of the reasons I always feel the way I do. Try breathing exercises and talk to your doctor :) I hope all this goes away for you soon :)
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline AYKM

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Thank you both for your replies. It doesn't seem like my Dr. is all that concerned and they are claiming that this bad urinary/kidney infection that I have can make you feel weak and even feel like passing out. However, this has happened before and I don't remember having a UTI before. I am so scared that something is wrong, but the blood work came out fine.

My Dr. didn't even call me back yesterday, I had to call to see if the results were fine. I didn't pass out today, just had the feeling, so that is good. I took a xanax and came home where I slept for four hours. I usually am never this tired, so I must be fighting something off. I am just worried it might be my brain or something.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: