Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Buzzing in feet / legs freaking me out  (Read 10056 times)

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Buzzing in feet / legs freaking me out
« on: August 14, 2010, 07:16:29 AM »
Has anyone had a buzzing / vibrating feeling in their feet or legs? Mine started in one specific spot on one of my legs and I was diagnosed by a Dr and ostopath with a trapped nerve, but now I feel it in other places on the same leg and also the other leg. It seems to move around, some of the day I don't feel it at all and sometimes it is really strong. I am SO freaked out about MS it's driving me nuts. Has anyone else experienced this? It is not just a general tingly feeling, it is a definate and specific buzz.
Bookmark and Share

Offline teeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Buzzing in feet / legs freaking me out
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:37:04 AM »
i get buzzing in my left foot from anxiety it's very uncomfortable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GillLFC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
Yeah me too, left heel. also had an intermittent buzz in my left thigh and left butt cheek. Pretty sure I've had it on my scalp too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline grateful

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
I just posted on this. I have noticed this in different places at different times but last week it started in my thigh and moved to my left foot. I was also having sciatica pain on the same side last week so the nerve thing makes since.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nerynoo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
Hi, re. vibrating in foot, I have felt this along the side of my left foot for the past month or so now. Sometimes it feels almost constant but mainly it's intermittent. It freaks me out too and keeps me awake at night cos it's impossible to ignore. I'm waiting to hear the results of an MRI scan I had a few weeks ago. I worry that it could be a symptom of MS but I also realise it could be caused by my health anxiety. I'll keep you posted!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
nerynoo I hope your MRI scan comes back OK, let me know! My Dr would not refer me for one as he thinks that it doesn't sound neurological, but I am seeing him again next week so I will talk to him again about it. Hopefully if there are so many of who have anxiety and also have this, it means the anxiety is the cause. After all it would be a bit of bad luck if we all had MS!
Bookmark and Share

Offline gecko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »
Yes. I used to buzz from head to toe. Had neuro exam and consultant said I was fine so hopefully I am! The buzzing only began after some serious anxiety. Guessing yours did too? Hope you feel better soon x
Bookmark and Share

Offline GillLFC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 08:48:58 AM »
Yes. I used to buzz from head to toe. Had neuro exam and consultant said I was fine so hopefully I am! The buzzing only began after some serious anxiety. Guessing yours did too? Hope you feel better soon x

YEP! :yes: buzzing and my other symptoms only came on after a big shock, several months of stress, increasing levels of anxiety and then about 2 weeks of extremely high anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nerynoo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
I've definitely had months of high stress and anxiety since the birth of my 2nd child. My appointment with the Neuro was actually due to another symptom, unrelated to anxiety, but since I have been waiting weeks for the MRI..and now for the results, I've started getting the vibrating in my foot. Until I get some reassurance about my scan I don't think I'll be able to fully relax, so I guess I'm stuck with it for now.. It's a really horrible and annoying feeling, I just want to chop my foot off sometimes!  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Islander

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
I'll join the club. i have had an almost constant 'buzzing" in my left foot for a couple of years, which gets worse when I'm stressed (I sometimes describe it as a clothes washer rumbling through my foot). A neurologist performed an EMG test on my left leg and foot and he could find nothing wrong. I also have a buzzing in my left ear, which my audiologist attributes to tinnitus. However, I notice when I am stressed the buzzing gets louder and more noticeable. I have the tingling on my face, arms, hands and other parts of my body which always intensify when stressed and anxious. It usually goes away (or at least reduces in strength) when I get more relaxed. And, of course, like most all of us, if I concentrate on these buzzes and tingles they get worse. I try and keep my anxious mind off of them, but most times, due to Health Anxiety, it doesn't work. I'm hoping, as my anxiety lessens, these go away. I don't want them, but they seem to have found a nice, comfortable home with me.
Bookmark and Share
"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind." ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

Tags: