Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Jaw pain the radiates into cheek/eye?  (Read 7187 times)

Offline shygirl26

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Jaw pain the radiates into cheek/eye?
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:25:53 AM »
Dunno if anyone else has ever experienced this before...it's just weird to me! I was having a major panic attack tonight, bad back pain w/ chest pain, achiness and pain in both arms and jaw pain. I did notice that my jaw was kind of tense afterwards so I have been trying to relax it. Now it is only hurting on the left side, way in the back where my wisdom teeth are. I know it's possible that this pain can be attributed to these wisdom teeth (my dentist keeps urging me to get them out, but I'm stubborn :laugh3:) but the discomfort is primarily in the left upper jaw, along with kind of a numb feeling in my left cheek.

I pinched my cheek and I can feel pain, the muscles are working so I guess it's just some sort of weird sensation, but now the jaw pain is moving up, around my left cheekbone and even behind my left eye. Right now I'm trying to put a warm compress on my cheek/jaw to see if I can get some kind of pain relief from that...but no luck so far. After my panic tonight, I am still a little bit on edge although I did take a klonopin about an hour ago and am feeling a little more calm. I just attribute jaw pain to heart trouble...

I am 20 and in good health, according to my doctor. I have had an EKG and an echocardiogram which both came back normal, and my bloodwork was fine except for a vitamin D deficiency. I had been doing so well, anxiety-wise, until this panic hit. I am getting ready to start school again in a couple weeks, and the whole moving in process and adjusting back to the college lifestyle is very stressful for me - I'm hoping this is the extra stress that triggered my panic.

Sorry this is so long-winded...I guess what I'm really trying to ask is if anyone has had left-side jaw pain that radiated up to the cheek and eye? And if so, how did you treat it? Thanks  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Jaw pain the radiates into cheek/eye?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
yes I've actually had this happen, similarly anyway, to me off/on a few times.  Mine starts where the jaw meets the ear.  I get ear pain, cheekbone, eye, jaw pain.  It feels crampy, pressure, achy.  It would hurt to chew and at times felt somewhat numb.  If I touched one part of the affected area all of it would hurt.  I did finally realize that it had something to do with tension/anxiety/and worrying over it that made it happen.  I think the first time it happened was about 5or 6 yrs ago.  The last time around it was 19months ago. A month later I saw my neuro who thought it was tmj.  All I know is that once I was cleared of my MS fear, it still took 2wks for the discomfort to go away... Yeah it took that long for my body to catch up with my mind.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Jaw pain the radiates into cheek/eye?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:03:59 AM »
Wisdom teeth can cause big problems, so if your dentist advises you to have them
out, I would. My daughter had all four taken out by an oral surgeon and she was fine.
She was 16 when she had them out.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: