Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TMI warning - small, hard lump near anus! Oh man, freaking out!  (Read 98828 times)

Offline JCWest

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
So I've never been worried about cancer. Until today, I was in the shower doing my normal clean when I noticed there is a very small, hard lump underneath the skin near my anus. It feels like it could move with the skin a bit, it's about the size of a pebble. Here is the thing, I have had a few (maybe 3-5) hemorrhoids (external) in my life (I'm 26), and even though this feels like a small circular pebble, I'm wondering if it could be one that's healed overtime. It does not hurt, there is no real pain in the area. Can any body relate? Freaking out a bit here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline StarHunter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: TMI warning - small, hard lump near anus! Oh man, freaking out!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 04:19:30 AM »
Could it be a varicose vein?

I *cough cough* developed a few varicose veins in my vulva and around my bottom while I was heavily pregnant due to pressure and blood thickening effects and they felt like hard (well semi-hard) lumps that could be moved slightly under the skin.

The big one on my vulva was pebble sized.

I would get it checked out just to be safe but it could be something like a varicose vein or a hemorrhoid - does it hurt when you move your bowels?  Let a doctor take a quick look and they can tell you what it's likely to be - I doubt it's cancer though - at 26 getting anal/rectal cancer would be very rare, yet half the popuation experiences hemorrhoids at one point or another. 

edited to add:  My varicose veins went away on their own but they freaked me out when they presented and I worried about similar things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline teeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:00:31 AM »
sounds like a hemmaroid. i had varicose veins where the previous poster had them as well but i also have hemmeroid in exactly the same place your describing , it's annoying but thats all mine are from pregnancy.
certainly dont stress about cancer i don't think it just comes up like that. but still go and get it seen to for peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinalouise45

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 09:51:24 AM »
My nephews girlfriend had this, they told her it was an ingrown hair.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCWest

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
Hmm it doesn't feel like a vein, in that it's a very small hard pebble or round object, although I guess it could be a very small vein. It's hard to tell if it moves around with the skin or not. I'm just going to leave it for a bit and see if it changes at all, it's not uncomfortable and coupled with my history of hemorrhoids and only being 26... I'd rather not give into the HA this time and run to my doctor. Maybe in a few weeks/months if it's still there.... :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CantHelpIt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 01:56:37 AM »
Sounds like something I had called a "pilonidal cyst." Very benign. Usually treated with an antibiotic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Marathoner

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
I had the exact same thing once.  It was nothing.  I even described it to a doctor on the phone (while in a state of panic) and she said it was nothing.  Eventually it went away.  As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I had another one a little further up the anal canal earlier this year.  It went away.  I believe these were either hemmorhoids (sp?) or pilonidal cysts, which could be the same thing for all I know. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCWest

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »
I had the exact same thing once.  It was nothing.  I even described it to a doctor on the phone (while in a state of panic) and she said it was nothing.  Eventually it went away.  As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I had another one a little further up the anal canal earlier this year.  It went away.  I believe these were either hemmorhoids (sp?) or pilonidal cysts, which could be the same thing for all I know.

Interesting, I've had a few hemorrhoids and they're always painful and rather soft, this is a distinctly hard pebble under the skin that doesn't seem to move too much... is that similar to what you experienced? Thanks for the input, I'm glad others have experienced something remotely similar. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Marathoner

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »

Interesting, I've had a few hemorrhoids and they're always painful and rather soft, this is a distinctly hard pebble under the skin that doesn't seem to move too much... is that similar to what you experienced? Thanks for the input, I'm glad others have experienced something remotely similar.

I actually had a roid a few months prior to that (itching, bleeding) and noted the difference, just like you did.  The one I had recently (small hard bump halfway up) went away with daily application of of cortisone cream.  I also quit messing with it.  I'm no expert, but roids come in a variety of styles and colors I believe...
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCWest

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »

I actually had a roid a few months prior to that (itching, bleeding) and noted the difference, just like you did.  The one I had recently (small hard bump halfway up) went away with daily application of of cortisone cream.  I also quit messing with it.  I'm no expert, but roids come in a variety of styles and colors I believe...

Good to know, thanks for your input, it's appreciated.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: