Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: DOES PREGNANCY MAKE ANXIETY WORSE?  (Read 7343 times)

Offline prncs

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
DOES PREGNANCY MAKE ANXIETY WORSE?
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
IM ABOUT 7 WEEKS PREGNANT EVER SINCE I FOUND OUT I WAS IVE BEEN HAVING
MUSCLE TWITCHES EVERYWHERE, BACKACHES, HEADACHES, SHARP PAINS IN HEAD, STOMACH ISSUES,
HAIR LOSS. I WAS DEALING WITH ANXIETY BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT BUT ITS JUST SO MUCH WORSE NOW.
I DONT KNOW WHATS PREGNANCY RELATED/ANXIETY RELATED
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I TALKED TO MY DR ABOUT MY PROBLEMS
AND HE SAID EVERYTHING WAS B/C MY PREGNANCY
HE DIDNT PRESCRIBE ANY MEDS WHICH I THINK I NEED:(
I GUESS ILL JUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A DIFFERENT DR
[/font]
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: DOES PREGNANCY MAKE ANXIETY WORSE?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »
Congratulations!!! There are so many things that happen when you become pregnant, and anxiety can make it harder. Meds are not good for the baby, so I'd hold off trying to get them. Are there issues surrounding your pregnancy that may be causing greater anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Offline grateful

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
Hey there-
I am going to say YES, YES and YES. I am almost 15 weeks and my anxiety has definitely heightened as it always did the week before my period it doesn't help that we are sick to our stomachs 24/7 although that part has let up for me a bit. I am hoping that because your hormones settle down a bit or level out in your second trimester that my anxiety will also level out. Hang in there though there is a silver lining a little ways down the road.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icantbestill

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »
Yes!! For me, anyway! I am constantly nervous about everything, especially the baby's health and my own health too. But I agree with grateful. It gets better. The beginning was really, really rough for me and now at almost 14 weeks, I'm still a bundle of nerves but it is much better. The MS, exhaustion and other aches and pains really don't help the anxiety, not to mention crazy hormones. Hang in there! It will defintely ease up some and if you need to talk, feel free to PM me.
 :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share

Offline gridder

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »
I was worse the first trimester and then way better the next two. Hang in there, and make sure to exercise!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline KP83

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »
YES!  I am almost 30 weeks pregnant, and this pregnancy has been pure hell.  I have never experienced anxiety this severe.  I am barely functioning and require ALOT of help and support.  I'm not sure how I'm going to last these next 10 weeks...but I've been thinking it my whole pregnancy and I've lasted this far.  The best advice I can offer you is to take it one day at a time.  I went about half my pregnancy med free, but my doctor finally put me on Buspar.  This is the best anti-anxiety for pregnancy, but there are a couple others that are generally acceptable.  Honestly, the Buspar is not helping at all though.  Best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline janehathaway

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 10:51:26 PM »
My anxiety didn't start until short after I had my little one so I have no advice (other than to exercise).  I do have so much sympathy for you though.  I developed severe anxiety shortly after my baby was born and I've never been the same (it's been over 6 years now).  We ended up never having more children because I was scared of what my anxiety would be like during the pregnancy (I think my husband was worried about that too).  Try to stay calm.  Definitely exercise.  Maybe some yoga.  Not sure what else to try.  Congratulations on your impending arrival and best of luck to you (and the other pregant ladies who posted too)!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »
 :happy0151:I didnt realize there are so many who are pregnant here-congratulations to you all! I sooooo badly want another baby but my anxiety is keeping me from going off the pill & trying--because I don't know what to do about child care for a 2nd. My babysitter for my 3 year old is my mother in law but she  will only be available until my daughter starts school, so for another child I'd need to pay and I don't have the $ ( you see how much daycare costs??) THIS is causing me anxiety-can you believe it?
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Tags: