Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic Attacks and Lieing down?  (Read 4603 times)

Offline MrMashburn

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Panic Attacks and Lieing down?
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »
I have had 4 panic attacks and they have all occured when ive lied down trying to get to sleep at night, does anyone know why this is?
Even when I dont have a panic attack, usually now when I lie down to sleep at night my heart goes mad and I have to breath heavily.
Can anyone enlighten me on why this is?
Cheers
Bookmark and Share

Offline nikad

• Poke This Member
Re: Panic Attacks and Lieing down?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:35:10 PM »
I had those a couple of times, and it is very annoying! Ass soon as I fall asleep I suddenly wake up with the racing hearbeats and sweat : PA while you are asleep. A few times I spent all night up. You possibly start feeling anxious when you lay down cos now you fear it will happen again ( fear of the fear )
Watch TV, read, get a bit more tired during the day or wake up earlier, a warm bath before going to bed helps. If you take meds maybe you can pop one of the emergency pills, if you are not on meds, meditate, or practice breathing. fall asleep again, and battle! If it wakes u up again, repeat and try, the less you fear this situation the less likely it will repeat :)
V
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snoopy1

• Just Joined!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:32:23 PM »
My first anxiety attack was in bed in the middle of the night. I think nighttime attacks are pretty common because we're often just lying awake thinking (worrying). Fear thoughts quickly translate into anxiety. Check out the "anxiety attack" link on mc2method.com/anxiety .. This is normal stuff, so don't worry too much!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rocket90

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
At night, you have the most time to think about things.  Everything is quiet and it is the perfect time for an anxiety attack to pop up.

Bookmark and Share

Offline livinthislife

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »
when your lying down you are doing nothing, this is the best time for the anxiety monster to attack, you are not distracted and you are vulnerable. if i feel anxious i wont go to sleep because i know what will happen, i will wake up later in the middle of a awful panic attack, the other night i got home at midnight and felt anxious, i was tired but kept myself awake until 5:30 am until the anxiety subsided. try to oxygenate your blood before you go to sleep. do alittle excersise or have sex to get your heart beating fast and more oxygen in your body, this will help.
Bookmark and Share
i dont live my life as if each day was my last, i live it as if i was 100 years old and was able to look back and remake my choices so i have no regrets or missed opportunities.

Tags: