Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Post miscarriage ovarian cyst  (Read 8503 times)

Offline tryingtoheal

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Post miscarriage ovarian cyst
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
It's been a nasty month. I miscarried about 1 month ago at 7 weeks. Did okay. Bleeding stopped for 2 days, after 2 weeks. Restarted again heavily. Went to ER, worried about incomplete miscarriage. Ultrasound showed empty uterus, but 5 cm left ovarian cyst. I freaked. Radiology resident said the cyst had "no concerning features" for cancer and recommended followup scan in 6 weeks. Thin walls, "no septations," no solid components, no blood flow to cyst. She did a pelvic and a transvaginal ultrasound. She said it was just bigger than they normally see.

ER doc was not concerned at all and said these are common after miscarriage. My husband was there and he swears he heard the doc say there was absolutely no way this was cancer. He called it a corpus luteum cyst.

Since then, I've been googling like crazy, unfortunately; "ovarian cancer" and "ovarian cysts."

I feel pressure in my vagina, like I always get before my period. Could this be the cyst getting bigger? Can a simple cyst become cancerous? This fast? I feel like now I have every symptom of ovarian cysts/cancer I've read about, although when I went in I had no symptoms at all. I was sure of it. It was just the bleeding.

Any and all reassurance would be greatly appreciated. It's going to be a LOOOONG 4-5 weeks until I see someone again. Otherwise, I feel fine. I am 42 with no risk factors that I know of, other than early menarche and first child after age 30. I keep running to the bathroom, convinced I have started bleeding. And how on EARTH will I survive the followup ultrasound, anyway? My health anxiety usually results in me running the other way from doctors.

I am especially worried about this vaginal pressure. Can anxiety be causing even this? I was examined less than 2 weeks ago. Surely I can't be getting into trouble this fast?
Bookmark and Share

Offline teeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Post miscarriage ovarian cyst
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »
when my anxiety was at it's highest 2 months ago i was repeatedly tested for urinary tract infections because of burning pain, but they all came back normal. i think anxiety can manifest just about any pain due to us believing in it.
i'm sorry you had to go through this.
maybe talk to your doc about your anxiety over the cyst and see if he can send you to a gyno to help put your mind at ease.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: