Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety leaving me feeling sick everyday.. feeling hopeless  (Read 38246 times)

Offline Lonelilly

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety leaving me feeling sick everyday.. feeling hopeless
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and really just hoping I can take comfort in knowing I'm not alone.. My anxiety has gotten so bad that even if I don't feel "anxious" I feel sick everyday.. nauseous, dizzy and unbalanced all day.. I'm losing hope. Anyone else experience this?
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NickyFBaby

• Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety leaving me feeling sick everyday.. feeling hopeless
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:56:07 PM »
Hi,

Your definitely not alone, Ive been feeling anxious to the point of nausea everyday for like 2 weeks now. Oddly, im on medication that was working great for me for a while but suddenly stopped treating my anxiety. I go through bouts where I feel hopeless but im taking this one day at a time and hoping to get better! When im at my most hopeless, I like to write down what im going through. Just attempting to put it into words helps. Also I write when im feeling good, that way when Im feeling really bad I can look back and see recent times where I didnt feel so anxious. Hope that helps, and once again you are really not alone.

-Nick
Bookmark and Share

Offline johndeere216

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
I have the same problems.  I have found the best thing I can do when I feel horrible is to make myself exercise. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline markidee

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Exercise helps...a gym is best for me because it feels safer. I'm hurting now too, but have gone through the cycle so many times that it is more natural--more like a phantom limb than the festering wound. These cycles CAN and DO get better. Hopelessness, like joy, or despair, or boredom is a mood--the lie is that it is not passing.

Expect peace.
Bookmark and Share
you're not alone

Offline bballgirl8

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 01:56:58 PM »
I also feel like this everyday. I feel dizzy constantly even when I am not anxious. I am not sure if the dizziness is caused from anxiety or the dizziness is from something else and the dizziness gives me anxiety. I have been told I have migraines and that is what is causing the dizziness but I'm wondering if it is actually all from the anxiety. Could you describe your dizziness? Mine is a constant imbalance or rocking sensation. Occasionally I will feel light-headed. I have been dealing with this for around 6 years.
Take Care,
Brooke
Bookmark and Share

Offline dizziegirl3

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
"I don't feel "anxious" I feel sick everyday.. nauseous, dizzy and unbalanced all day"

I feel the same way. Its all day everyday and I just can't take it anymore! I am afraid to go to the dr for fear of what he might tell me but I have had this dizzy feeling in the past and it has gone away but this time I just feel like I am never fully normal! I wish there could just be a magic cure!!! But please know you are not alone!
Bookmark and Share
<3 Hugz Dizz

Offline blacksax

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 07:30:30 PM »
Look into hypnotherapy (the stats for success will blow your mind). I was dealing with panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, depression, and ADHD and after just a few sessions everything was better and is still getting better!

If you're interested I can give you my CHt's name.. He will travel to people and even do tele-hypnosis. It's powerful stuff!

Good luck! And remember.. You're never alone and there is a solution out there :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline drewesq

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
I have the same sensations bballgirl.  I am in the midst of graduating law school, so I have many stressors.  But even when I try to relax, I feel dizzy and uneasy.  Occasionally, when I will be walking, it will feel like the ground dropped underneath m my feet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TammyE

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 09:08:48 AM »
I've had dizzy spells when i go into stores.  I've been told that sometimes it's the lighting.  I have panic attacks a lot though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline johndeere216

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
I also feel like this everyday. I feel dizzy constantly even when I am not anxious. I am not sure if the dizziness is caused from anxiety or the dizziness is from something else and the dizziness gives me anxiety. ]

I have wrestled with that exact same line of thinking for a long time!  "I don't have a reason to be anxious.  The symptoms have to be causing the anxiety."  I think I am finally getting past that and just accepting that is how anxiety works.  Sometimes the cause is just not known.  I'm trying not to over think it anymore and just accept that it's anxiety causing the symptoms and not anything else.  Since I have been doing that as well as some other things, I've seen improvement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline markidee

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
I've gone through that twice. It may be a "major depression." There are people everywhere to help, and there is so many people who've been sucked in and through this black hole.

(a) you're not alone
(b) it will pass
(c) surround yourself with prof. and family and friends and it will pass sooner
(d) it will pass
Bookmark and Share
you're not alone

Offline Elle38

• Just Joined!
  • Hi.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »
I know exactly what you mean...I had a bout where I was dizzy all the time for months. And when I say dizzy, for me it is like I am going to pass out. This happens a lot when I am in stores, restaurants, etc.  It is awful and there are times when I feel so alone, no one seems to get what I mean.
I have even had CT Scans done and they found nothing! It is a very hard thing to live with....
I totally understand.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Live Well, Love Lots, Laugh Often

Offline furryballys

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 03:49:27 PM »
Exercise helps...a gym is best for me because it feels safer. I'm hurting now too, but have gone through the cycle so many times that it is more natural--more like a phantom limb than the festering wound. These cycles CAN and DO get better. Hopelessness, like joy, or despair, or boredom is a mood--the lie is that it is not passing.

Expect peace.

That's some great wisdom there, "...the lie is that it is not passing". Thank you for your insight.
Bookmark and Share
"Looking forward hopefully with confidence is tremendous help. It draws you past the yesterdays, past today, past the tomorrows until you find recovery." - Dr. Claire Weekes

Offline TammyE

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if any of this might help, but I have been enjoying guided meditations and it seems to work for me.  I listen to them basically every day.  It started when I wanted to use it for flying because I went years without flying because of panic attacks.  Hope this helps. http://bit.ly/96leuz

Bookmark and Share

Offline diser

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »
Oh dear, you are not alone.  I feel dizzy and off balance most days and this has been going on for years now.  I just keep on doing what I want to do and refuse to feel sorry for myself, at least most of the times.  I too get discouraged but I can't change the way I am.  Don't waste your time concentrating on the dizziness it will only get worse. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: