Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain under rib cage, could it be a muscle, or is it an organ? HELP  (Read 36272 times)

Offline panicky

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
I've been trying to do better with my anxiety.  Since I had my bloodword done, I've been a lot better.  I go to the dr. tomorrow to discuss the bloodwork.  I don't know if that's why the past two days have been worse or not. 

I get a lot of weird gas pains because of my IBS.  Sometimes I don't "go" for a few days.  There was the new one on my right side that spiked my fear of pancreatic cancer.  I went to the dr. about that.  He said he thought it was gas pains and not cancer.  He said he felt no masses.  Then I google, I know, I shouldn't, but they said that the pancreas is hidden behind under organs.  So now I am wondering how he could have felt anything anyway.

But in the same general area, under the right rib cage, when I bend in certain ways, it hurts, and it feels like a muscle pull.  At least that's what I hope it is.  I am going nuts!!!!  Now I am wondering if that is the pancreas!!!!

Anyone have any answers or reassurance?

Also, I haven't taken my xanax for a couple of weeks since I had my bloodwork, and I took one last night because my anxiety was worse, and when I woke up in the middle of the night to let the dog out, I couldn't walk straight, I was seeing double.  And then I couldn't even get up to take my kids to school.  Everyone stayed home today!!! And I slept all afternoon!!! Needless to say, I'm not taking that again tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline grateful

• Poke This Member
Re: Pain under rib cage, could it be a muscle, or is it an organ? HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:28:45 PM »
Could be a swollen rib or a Rib out of place. But it also could be from anxiety I get strange pulling fealing under my ribs from time to time I think its anxiety myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jojo1976

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:05:08 AM »
Your pancreas is under your left rib, I believe. I looked it up too as I have the same rib pain under my LEFT rib. I've had a chiropractor deal with it, same with a masseuse. Have had three sets of bloodwork since then and nothing showed up. I deal with it now - it's off and on. I'm pretty darned sure it's tension causing the rib muscle and the muscle under it to tighten causing pain. Massage helps a bit. It's not an organ.
Bookmark and Share

Offline panicky

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:09:34 AM »
Thanks guys.  I really panic about this stuff, and it's good to know there are others out there with the same feelings!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sweetsaphie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
try not to worry about this pain sweetie , the more you worry the worse it gets . i know i have suffered with anxiety , depression,  fear,  all my life well since i was young anyway , i worried what every pain was if it were in my head , it was a brain tumor if in my leg i had cancer , in fact a pain  anywhere was cancer .i,m still here and i,m 65 , so try to think of something else, its so hard to i know but if the doctor says its not what you think it is believe him
Bookmark and Share

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Rec's: 2
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 11:23:21 PM »
I get the same pain under my right ribs. And it feel alike a tight pulling pain when I bend a certain way or twist my body. Also when I look down at my abdomen I can swear that the rich tide is slightly bigger then the left.
My fear is an enlarged liver pushing on the ribs.
the pancreas is on the left side but the liver is on the right.
I have had the pain for decades on and off. I also have IBS and the ascending colon is in that area too. It could also be just muscles.
Your not alone with those pains. It seems very common
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Tags: