Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 33 Weeks Pregnant and Extremely Anxious :(  (Read 7557 times)

Offline meechelle87

• Rec's: 1
  • me 06'
    • Poke This Member
33 Weeks Pregnant and Extremely Anxious :(
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:41:37 AM »
Okay so I'm 33 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I'm extremely overwhelmed with anxiety. I always feel like I'm on the verge of having a bad panic attack and I don't have anything to stop it. I'm not taking any meds b/c me and mt husband made a mutual decision when I found out i was pregnant not to take any medications until after the baby is born. So if I was to have a panic attack I can't take anything to calm me down and I don't want to go to the ER and have them cut me a bill for a grand after telling me I'm having a panic attack which I already knew to begin with. Basically, there is no relief for me and my anxiety. I'm sure most of it is due to the fact that I'm a first time mom and I'm scared of motherhood and how my life is fixing to change drastically. How can I cope with all these anxieties and fears? I'm sick of worrying all the time because I know it can't be good for my baby boy. I worry to the point that my muscles stay tense for hours on end and my head actually starts to feel fogish and bloated if that makes sense. I just want to make it through this pregnancy without having any more panic attacks and without causing any harm to my son. I feel like I have already started to be a bad mom because of all my anxiety for the past 8 months. What if my anxiety has doomed him to have issues with anxiety later....I don't think I could handle the thought of that. Please any advice on all this would be nice. If there is anyone out there who had issues with anxiety and panic attacks during their pregnancy I would love to hear your stories and learn how you coped with it all, thanks guys.

-Meechelle87
Bookmark and Share
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Offline tmicrowave

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
Re: 33 Weeks Pregnant and Extremely Anxious :(
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:34:35 AM »
i was just going to say make time to get out all your emotions
its okay to be scared and its okay to cry

im sure it must be hard with nothing to take
maybe something like a natural supplement could help you ?
uuum
making a cup of hot tea helps me out once and awhile
anything that helps i do since i"m not on meds either
hot bath
drinking cold water
Bookmark and Share
Jenna

"When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the soul laughs for what it has found." - Sufi aphorism

Offline daisyjukes

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:12:17 AM »
Hi Meechelle87,

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and my anxiety is going mad.  I'm also off the meds and I'm really struggling at the moment.  I've being doing a blog which you may want to read (Its on page 2 of the members blogs.)

I have all the same fears as you.  I have a massive respect to you that you have got to 33 weeks medication free!  I'm already doubting I will be able to do this for the whole 40 weeks. 

My concern is how can I be a parent when I can't even cope with myself and my emotions.  Several times I have felt that I was stupid to think I could do this.    I don't think that anxiety can be passed onto your baby just because you are anxious when you are pregnant.  The only thing I can say is that we are doing a selfless thing being medication free during pregnancy, we are putting ourselves through a horrible experience to make sure our babies have the best start in life.  This is what i tell myself when I start to think I'm a bad mom.

I'm coping but not particularly well.  I am just trying to eat more fruit/veg, relaxation exercises, planned occupation to stop myself from dwelling on my thoughts and by praticing acceptance (trying to see anxiety for what it really is, just a chemical reaction in the body to a fear that doesn't exist.)

What are your coping methods? Feel free to PM me, maybe we can help each other.

Daisy
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

• Rec's: 32
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
 :sign0016:
Bookmark and Share
Psalm 34:4 'He saved me from all that I feared."......

Offline jojo1976

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:58 PM »
Hi ladies. I'm 7wks pregnant and my anxiety has been triggered after 4yrs being dormant. Comes with the territory sometimes. I don't take anything for my anxiety but find that distraction, distraction, distraction is the best natural remedy. I also wear earplugs during the day to keep the noise to a minimum which gets me fired up.  It's not an easy road, but you can do it. I agree - I don't imagine anxiety is all that great for a growing fetus, however, I don't think it can harm your child. Good for you for not taking meds, but if you need them, your doc will approve something I'm sure. Hugs!
Bookmark and Share

Offline abeer26

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
Hey girls!

I am 22 weeks pregnant and doing it med free although there have been a few times when I wish I would be able to take a few pills to calm down!. I can say this though... i have been so focused on the baby that I havent really had time to have anxiety about my own health issues.. Like numbness or something little like that. I also know we are learning a huge lesson by going med free (and if not... at least trying). We CAN cope even if it is hard and a struggle.

I hope that each of you find your way and continue to enjoy your pregnancy. I have had a rough time coping with being a first time mom.. all these weird things going on!!!  ::)

Feel free to PM anytime!

Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

• Rec's: 32
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:43:53 PM »
 :sign0199: Best Wishes to all  of your babies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
Psalm 34:4 'He saved me from all that I feared."......

Offline Love2Sk8

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 12:40:40 AM »
My heart goes out to all of you! I have had two children, and both pregnancies triggered GAD that was unbelievable.

With my first pregnancy, especially during the third trimester, I was so panicky and having so much anxiety, and I really didn't recognize what was going on. Even though I have always had GAD, it was never to the extreme it was during pregnancy or postpartum. About a week after delivering the baby, I got on anti-anxiety meds, and I'm so thankful that I did. I have since gone off of them (when I got pregnant with my second son), but do consider going back on occasionally.

With the second pregnancy and postpartum, I knew what to expect, so it was much easier to manage.

After you have the baby, if you still feel very anxious, don't hesitate to get the help you need ASAP! The final weeks of pregnancy and postpartum can be the most stressful (especially when you don't get enough sleep), so be sure to take care of yourself. Get lots of help from family and friends (and husbands) if you are able to and take breaks for yourself so you get rest and time to try to de-stress (a hot bath, a dinner or lunch out with girlfriends, a yoga class, anything to help you unwind and relax a little).

Best wishes to you and your new little ones.
~Anna
Bookmark and Share

Offline Adrough

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
Hi, new here and just wondering how yer doing. I got anxiety/panic disorder while pregnant also. My daughtr is 3 months old now and aftee the pregnancy I started taking zoloft and clonazapem and im definitely a lot better than I was. I was just wondering if u have completely overcome this. Just lookin for some encouragement that I won't have to live with this the rest of my life   :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: