Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: twitching in chest on left side?  (Read 53408 times)

Offline loveautumn021

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
twitching in chest on left side?
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:48:43 PM »
I have had this strange twictching feeling off and on for a while now under my left breast around where your heart would be and it really scares me at times but I was wondering how many other people suffering with anxiety feels this? Also the twiches are not matching up with my pulse then that means it is not my heart right? :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Autumn

Offline tmicrowave

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
Re: twitching in chest on left side?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:57:22 PM »
yes ive had that
could be muscle spasm, and probly is

in my opinion, its not your heart!!
Bookmark and Share
Jenna

"When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the soul laughs for what it has found." - Sufi aphorism

Offline Christine

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:29:10 AM »
Had that too, probably your diafragma that twitches. That is, easy said, just a big muscle. Since we have more that 700 muscles in our body, and all of them can twitch, I wouldn't (trie to) worry if I were you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
Most likely simple muscle or nerve twitches; very common in mostly everyone.
I get twitches periodically in different part of my body. I blow it off as a big
nothing.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline becky323

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
This is crazy that you are writing about this becuase I have had the same exact thing for the last couple of months.  It's a twitch that is right under my left breast and sometimes it goes really crazy and freaks me out.  I of course googled it and came up with something called Aoritic Annuresym - freaked me out! I made an appt. with my Dr. a couple of months back and they did an ultrasound...aorta was perfectly fine and saw a Cardiologist, everything was fine.  They said it was just a muscle twitch.  I still get it every once in a while.  The last time I got it was after I was crying so the diaphram twitching would make sense.  That was another thing that calmed me down too was feeling my heart and knowing that it wasn't related because my heart was beating fine when I would have these twitches.  Wow - glad to hear I'm not the only one and take it from me...I had all the tests done and everything was fine so I'm sure you are too =)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Crush

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »
I have had this strange twictching feeling off and on for a while now under my left breast around where your heart would be and it really scares me at times but I was wondering how many other people suffering with anxiety feels this? Also the twiches are not matching up with my pulse then that means it is not my heart right? :winking0008:

That is the worst place I used to get twitches. I would say ANYWHERE ELSE! hehe..

It's just a twitch in your pectoral muscle. Before your shower each day, do squats until your legs burn and see if the twitching moves over to your legs.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: