Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Feeling Disconnected From Rest of Body...  (Read 19274 times)

Offline PDubya86

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Brain Feeling Disconnected From Rest of Body...
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »
Does anyone get this?

It started in my legs, then my arms, now pretty much my whole body feels disconnected from my brain.

Of course, I'm still functioning fine, no pain. But movement just feels weird and strange, like im floating.. Even my mouth feels alien to my body. WHAT!?!

Its like my brain is constantly on a level above normal all the time. Like its on a constant state of alert. Its exhausting!

I reluctantly visited the doc who says he is almost certain its anxiety. Has prescribed slow-release propanolol and I can book an appointment with a neurologist in the next couple of days should I chose to. "More to try and help ease my mind than anything else". I hate the idea of wasting anyones time but Im guessing I should nip this in the bud before it gets any worse than it already has.

I guess I can ask him/her about buzzing feet whilst im there!  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gagirl09

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Feeling Disconnected From Rest of Body...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »
I have had so many neurological symptoms and they are all anxiety-related. You can bet its anxiety. But if you want to ease your mind then go to the neuro! Because thats what I do when I can't get my mind to stop!
Bookmark and Share
[

Offline Northeast14

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »
This happened to me for about three months straight this past year, I was terrified.  Doctor said it was nothing...just anxiety.  One day it just went away.  Sometimes I still get the feeling and just tell myself it is anxiety and it typically goes away.  It is exhausting!  If it would make you feel better head to the neuro but sounds like anxiety to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PDubya86

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:18:28 PM »
Can you describe how yours felt northeast?
Were you given any medication?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Northeast14

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »
I typically noticed it when I was walking around as opposed to when I was just sitting and relaxing.  It was almost as if I was in 2 separate bodies, my limbs were in one and my head was in the other.  I was constantly alert in my head (aware of everything) and my limbs felt fatigued and like jello.  Im sorry, I am doing a terrible job explaining this!  But i really feel that because I was so consumed with being so aware of what was going on in and around my body that I had no energy left which is why the rest of my body felt so crappy.  My doctor suggested that I exercise (which I hadnt been doing because this feeling made me so anxious), I started doing some cardio which my dr said would help get rid of nervous energy and I have felt much better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PDubya86

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:03:16 PM »
That's pretty reassuring to hear, because you have pretty accurately described what I am feeling (I think!) So has it pretty much stopped now?

I find I can go for a while without thinking about it, if my mind is concentrating on something else, then it will suddenly whoosh over and can literally stop me in my tracks, because its such an unnerving feeling!

Like you said, I think I have become SO conscious about how my body feels, its as if my brain had had enough and it taking some time out.

I feel like I always have to have my hands in my pockets, or keep them close to my body. In the shower is particularly unnerving! If im feeling bad, I cant exactly stick my hands in my pockets, for obvious reasons!!

Think I should give the exercise a go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Northeast14

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
Yes, exercise has helped me a ton!  and yes, it is pretty much gone.  Sometimes, all of a sudden the feeling will come over me but I am so confident that it is anxiety that I am able to just tell myself to stop worrying about it so it only lasts about a few minutes. 

Just wanted to mention with the exercising...when I 1st started going to the gym after these weird symtoms, they got worse when I worked out and it freaked me out.  I started just doing like 5 minutes of cardio followed by stretching and kept upping the time I did the cardio as I got more comfortable.  Now I am able to work out straight for an hour 4-5 days a week and feel great.  I just wanted to mention this because I didnt want you to be alarmed if the same thing happened to you.  Try to power through it and it pays off!   :sign0111:
Bookmark and Share

Offline PDubya86

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »
Cool. I'll see how it goes.

I just want to snap out of this silliness!!

Ive added you as a buddy (I think). I'll keep you posted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gagirl09

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
I had this sort of feeling today. All day today I felt like I was here but not here. I don't know. Weird feeling I have had it alot in the past though.
Bookmark and Share
[

Offline Bandini

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
I got this feeling yesterday.  I used to get it all the time.  It is hard to explain.  I describe it more like, being a spectator behind my eyes, or like yesterday, behind my head, like I'm lookiing down on my body.  Like a videogame almost actually now that I think of it.  You're controlling the person on the screen but you don't exactly feel what the character touches and such.  I also experience strange images and thoughts when this stuff occurs.
Bookmark and Share
I was walking down the road, and a man was hammering on a roof top.  And, he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Offline crank

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
 B-; I have absolutely same feeling and everything is just same like you described!! I even want to put my hands in pocket like you said. But my question is what about you today? How is feeling and have you got over of that problem?? And then how? Or if someone else have same problem or know something about that i would be very happy to know!

BEST WISHES

Bookmark and Share

Tags: