Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: H-Pylori  (Read 2207 times)

Offline the worrier

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
H-Pylori
« on: February 12, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
Hello I am a 38 yr/old female who was diagnosed with H-Pylori bacteria.  I am meds for 2 weeks... Just wondering if anyone else out there has ever had this and what your symptoms were and if you changing your diet helped.   Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
The Worrier
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: H-Pylori
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »
my mom tested + for this.  She took the anti-b that treats it.  To my knowledge it has solved the problem.  I don't think my mom had any symptoms.  It was discovered when she had bloodwork done.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »
Diet typically has nothing to do with this.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Sharkweather

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »
Look I am no doctor but i reckon you need to get rid of heliobactor pylori. I have had this some years ago....and being a paramedic i read up on everything..i have some pretty cool books. Ok as far as i remember H-Pylori is a bacteria and it causes problems, I kept gettin ulcers and reflux etc which ongoing for a long duration is not good. Treatment is  1 week of Drugs!!! I think 1 drug is an antibiotic and another is a proton pump inhibitor like Nexium or Zoton etc cant remember other. I was ok with it but mixing the 3 can give some people a bit of trouble, but it's worth it. Also a word of advice after the course/treatment make sure to ask the Doc how long after treatment to get rechecked if its gone.....heaps of doctors don't do this (give course and say goodbye) ask to be rechecked as treatment not always successful(but is most of the time) But ask to have the breath test done....this is more accurate than bloods. If i think of anything else i will post again. Take Care.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: