Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain in left arm and shoulder blade  (Read 14882 times)

Offline Nicollette

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Pain in left arm and shoulder blade
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
Hi folks,

My latest fear - heart attack.   I have been bothered for about six months now with first a pain in my left elbow (I used to lean on the elbow alot and at first thought that was the cause) but then it spread to my whole left arm up to the shoulder so that I cannot sleep on the left side at all, or I wake up with excruciating pain.

Now the pain has extended to the left shoulder blade.   I am afraid to look up symptoms of a heart attack in women.  I have doctor phobia so do not go unless absolutely necessary, but last year my cholesterol count was way up around 300 but I've read that in women without heart disease you do not need those awful statin drugs with the side effects.

Well now I am worried.  Today at the pharmacy the druggist told me a prescription was over $100.00 and immediately the pain started up and went all up and down my arm. I left and went to my aunt's house and took aspirin right away. 

I know after all this time I should see a doctor but I am so scared; I know I must have heart disease.  I took a xanax too.  It let up after that but do you think it could possibly be from nerves that the pain started up?  I have resisted googling this too but I don't think I can hold off any longer!  I am scared that I will die of heart disease.  Help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicollette

• Poke This Member
Re: Pain in left arm and shoulder blade
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:15:32 PM »
Anyone?   

I did google pain in left arm and there can be many causes.  Still worried that there is something seriously wrong as I have had this for several months but getting worse and as I said excruciating if I sleep on left side I wake up and it's like a bad toothache for a long time.........

I am losing sleep with this intermittent waking and suffering.  I am terrified to go to the doctor.  I don't know if it could be heart disease but worry.  My BP and pulse is always normal but this pain is scary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gagirl09

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »
Yes see a doctor to ease your mind and to make sure your health is fine. I have the same symptom all the time. If you keep thinking about it, its gonna happen! I bet its muscle related, you have probaly developed tension, or nerve pain!
Bookmark and Share
[

Offline lucho

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:20:34 AM »
 In my experience lost of tension can be carried around the shoulder blade are specially around the inner border. Pinched nerves can also cause discomfort on the elbow. BUT have it checked just to make sure is nothing bad but it sounds to me that it could be tension or stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Widowmaker

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »
I get this as well..I think it is the way I sleep at night...if I sleep on my back for a few days...the pain goes away in my left shoulder blade and back...but the HA side of me says it is something horrible...it just sux!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicollette

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »
Thank you for your replies.......I just had the chance to get back to the forum now and I have googled this and find that it is most likely either bursitis or something to do with a pinched nerve.   

Believe me I have little faith in doctors after my mother and my husband both have been not diagnosed/treated correctly just this past week!  My mom had a condition which is caused from too little estrogen and the gyn sent her to a urologist, all the time knowing (at least I did from googling the condition) that it could easily be treated by estrogen cream!  GRR......

Then my husband who has been having horrible headaches and seeing his PCP and neurologist also, was asked by his DERMATOLOGIST, no less, if he had ever had his vitamin D level checked.   NO, he hadn't and so she did a blood test and it came back that he is "severely" deficient in vitamin D and now is taking 50,000 units per week!  His PCP did not think to do a simple test!

No wonder people google things and check medical sites.  I swear we know as much as some of these doctors!  And we live near Boston so supposedly some of the "best" MD's.   

thanks again and I think I will go to see the doctor and tell her my diagnosis, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: