Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: what is this in my urine? please help  (Read 29967 times)

Offline jimmy7777

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
what is this in my urine? please help
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
I have been noticing every time I go to the bathroom there is small white particles floating around in my urine, and today when I went it looked like there were mucusy like strands floating in my urine, I have been also having other urinary symptoms that you all know about like irritated urethra, urge to urinate without having to go ect ect... the doctors have done a few differant test and I have no infections. I just have a strong feeling this is cancer. Does anybody know what this stuff could be floating around in my urine? It's really got me freaking out.
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing we can do with suffering
except suffer it. "C.S Lewis"

Offline gridder

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: what is this in my urine? please help
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
I get that too. I don't think it means anything per se.
Bookmark and Share

Offline elvisgump

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »
i have had the urethral pain before.  it's referred pain from tension in your pelvic muscles.  at least, that's what i read.  jimmy, if you can, i would really spend less time inspecting what's coming out of your body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »
Perhaps you are just paying a bit too much attention to your urine.  I used to do this with my stool when I was so concerned about colon cancer and such - I would check my stool every single time I went to the bathroom.  I'd basically examine it as best as I could without actually touching it.  That's how crazy I was about it.  When you do that, you will notice things you have never noticed before, but it's not because it's not normal, but because you weren't meant to focus on it.  At least, I'm pretty sure we were not meant to examine either our own feces or urine.   :laugh3:

Anything there is to be concerned about, the doctors would have noticed, and already have.  And they've done the necessary tests.  Trust them!  You've spent too much time and money not to.  You went to them for a reason.  Remember that!

To specifically answer your question though, yes sometimes you will notice stuff in your urine, but it's not a sign of cancer.  It could be something from the toilet, but even if it is from you, I've never heard of that being a sign of cancer.  It could be from what you drank, or from your body fighting off an infection (NOT cancer, just a general sickness of some kind that we all get from time to time).  

Again, just trust the doctors and don't think too much about your pee.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
im sorry if I am bothering anybody dont mean to keep posting about the same concerns, but what could the white particles in my urine be? has anybody ever had this before? I know I should stop examining what comes from my body but sometimes its hard to miss some things
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »
thanks olthros for the respond , I have been noticing it in my urine for about a month straight now, it's there every time I go, and the doctors done
checked me for a infection and there isnt any
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 11:01:20 PM »
I notice stuff in my urine sometimes ... I mean, I don't pay that much attention, but I can think of times where I have seen stuff in it that was more than just urine.  What it was, who knows?  Urine isn't just used water - it's stuff that has gone through a nice fun process that goes on in your body.  Stomach, kidneys, bladder, etc ... sometimes there will be more in it than just urine. 

Again, remember - the doctors have examined you, and found nothing they are concerned about.  Certainly not cancer.  So you can either go on convinced you have it and prepare to die (although you'll be waiting a long time) or you can accept the diagnosis and move on with life.  I mean, if I just think about when I was sitting around examining my feces because I was so scared of having blood in my stool ... well, it's just embarrassing to think about it now.  It seems obvious - if you're sitting around examining your body's excrement, there's something wrong going on, but not in your body, rather in your mind.  That's something I eventually saw with my own stool examining experience.

I totally get where you're coming from, and don't worry - you're not annoying me, or probably anyone else.  This is a forum for people who habitually worry about their health so of course you're going to have people posting regularly.  I just want to encourage you to listen to the doctors.  If they were worried about cancer, they'd be pursuing a course that helped you get over it.  But after all the tests they have done, they aren't.  So neither should you be.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline forestbythesealady

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Well, I just read that it could be a symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. It wouldn't surprise me if you had this, as you have mentioned many gastric issues. It can also be a sign of having a urinary tract infection. Cancer was NEVER mentioned in anything that I read. Watch it for a day or two and if it's still there, see your doctor. just my opinion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emma09

• Rec's: 4
  • What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger (:
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:25:56 AM »
one thing us ha'ers must never do is examine out stools or urine (amongst other things), i have this in my urine, and have ibs, so what forest has just said ^^^^ makes sense  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
fill your head with niceness and leave the rest :)

Offline jimmy7777

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply's and support everybody, I really appreciate it I am almost sure that I have IBS , but I don't see how that can affect the renal system, forest do you remember where you found that information ? I would really like to read it
Bookmark and Share

Offline gridder

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
We should all have little signs on our toilets that say "Don't Look Back!"
Bookmark and Share

Offline forestbythesealady

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »
I'll try to find it and let you know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »

lol :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »

:rotfl:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline olethros

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »

You know I actually had my wife come look one time for a second opinion ... poor woman.   :spineyes: No wonder anxiety is so hard on those around us!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: