Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Canker Sore, HIV?  (Read 13213 times)

Offline donpablo

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Canker Sore, HIV?
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm back!  I'm extremely worry that I do have HIV. I have this nasty Canker sore and now I'm thinking that I do have HIV for sure. I need reassurance please. How much people get this nasty sore and don't have HIV. Please help!!!!

Thank you,
don pablo 
 :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CoolCalmAndCollected

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Re: Canker Sore, HIV?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
Well, one of my children got a terrible one at about age 6, and he is fine.  He's 17 now and didn't have HIV then and doesn't now.

I have also got a crack in the corner of my mouth that is slow to heal.  I keep re-breaking it.  I used to think that was due to poor nutrition but someone told me it's due to dry air.  Are you in a part of the world affected by recent cold weather?  Indoor heat and cold weather can be very hard on your skin and mouth.

You keep wondering if you have HIV when you've had a hundred tests that say you don't.  You are worse than me  :P  See my thread nearby.  Forsest By the Sea Lady left a helpful response but I was thinking, "Yes, but what if is it a slow-growing thing that takes years to cause harm..."   ::)  See, I am almost as bad as you are.
Bookmark and Share
"Don't worry about things that will probably never happen." - one of my friends who has plenty to worry about but picks his worries. 

Offline donpablo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »
Hi Cool, Happy new year!

I do feel better to know is not only me that have this nasty stuff, I felt better for a while but now I get hit with one of these nasty sore and now I'm freaking out.
 As you already know, I think I have HIV.

donpablo

Bookmark and Share

Offline forestbythesealady

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »
don, you don't have HIV...you just have a canker/cold sore. I get them once in awhile. I hate them. They hurt. AND, I don't have HIV.

Hey, Cool...I found you here! I KNOW it isn't cancer, and I'll tell you why. My father has cancer in his neck lymph node. We were told by his oncologist that if he left it untreated, he probably had two years to live. DO NOT let this alarm you! My point is...TWENTY THREE YEARS is a REALLLLLLLLY long time to let cancer go. It would not just stay dormant...it would grow. On the positive side...the radiation he will be getting should get rid of it completely. Soooooooo...I feel pretty confident telling you that you don't have cancer.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJF

• Rec's: 19
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
I am sitting here with a huge lovely cold sore right now - have been really stressed lately and this triggers them for me (about once a year).  A good portion of people (> 50%) suffer from HSV-1 (cold sores) and certainly from canker sores. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline donpablo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 01:09:48 AM »
I have been under a lot of stress at work lately. This could be the reason?
 I don't want to goggle the symptoms because I know I will find someting crazy. I'm feeling much better about it . How long do they last and can they grow almost as large as 1/4"?

donpablo
Bookmark and Share

Offline forestbythesealady

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »
Yes, they do grow as large as 1/4". It seems like they take a while to heal. I think it takes a week to ten days. They are so annoying. And, YES, stress will definitely bring them on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJF

• Rec's: 19
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
Stress can definitely trigger them - it does for me. 

Mine can get that large because for the first couple of days they are painful and swollen.  It will take about 7-10 days, but it will go away.

Have you never had a cold sore before?

Bookmark and Share

Offline donpablo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
I would think that I have had cold sores before but, never pay attention to them to be honest. I cant even remember that last time I had one. I think my health Anxiety is not helping me at all. I don't even want to kiss my wife. I'm almost sure is a canker sore because I compare it to some photos I goggle right after I saw it.

They do hurt like hell!

donpablo   
Bookmark and Share

Offline chickenlips28

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
Just about everyone gets a canker sore from time to time. They are very normal. If you have them every day, then it may something to worry about. An occaisonal one every now and then is perfectly normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline adamb

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 02:26:11 AM »
Don,

these things are very normal for me and my family. Every time one of us gets one we complain about it when we are eating... and it seems to be just about EVERY time we eat. I literally have one about once a month atleast. They seem to come in bunches when im stressed. I once remember having 3 of them in my mouth at once and it was sooo painful to eat! and no i don't have HIV. I got tested like you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline momtoaprincess

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
I also get canker sores from time to time.  I probably get them at least 3 or 4 times a year.  They are annoying and I've had HA about them too.  BUT I don't have HIV.  I've been getting them at least since I was a teenager and I had the HIV test when I was pregnant.  Negative.  Lots of people get canker sores.  Also, I take L-Lysine (supplement)  My mom told me about this since a friend of hers recommended she take it after she had shingles!  I've been taking it for about 6 months and I think it does reduce the number of outbreaks of them. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline donpablo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
Wow,, I guess I'm not the only one getting these ugly things and yes they hurt alot. Like I mentioned before I probably have had them in the pass , but never pay attention to them. Now my my HA I'm keeping an eye on every little thing on my body.

It seems to be going away now, I'm feeling better about it.

Thank you,
donpablo
Bookmark and Share

Tags: