Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Citalopram (Celexa) and headaches  (Read 15559 times)

Offline Bama21

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
Citalopram (Celexa) and headaches
« on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Has anyone ever had headaches while taking citalopram that are very specific to one part of the head?  I've been on 15mg of citalopram for several months now and, just about daily, I have faint, but persistent headache that is right on the top of my head and a little off-center to the left. 

I hardly even notice it most of the time and it is not really bothersome.  It's just odd.  It's just a specific spot on the top of my head that has an ache a lot of times.

Has anyone experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline WiSp

• Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Anxiety warrior since my birth.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Citalopram (Celexa) and headaches
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
I've been on celexa at 10mg for 3 months and it never stopped completely. Most of the time it was light but sometimes strong. There were 2 kind of headaches: the one in background (all the area), like a pressure, almost all the time but light. And the other, stronger, at specific places. It was changing of place with days. On one side, in the front with eyes, in the center...
Bookmark and Share

Offline darkeye

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
I never found i got headaches while i was on Citalopram i was just constantly asleep or wanting to sleep but when i came off of 40mg Citalopram after 7 months i got horrific headaches... not sure if it was the Citalopram of not though!
Bookmark and Share
Bored of the same four walls, but scared to walk out the front door

Offline chickie

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:53:39 PM »
I had area-specific headaches for the first month of taking generic celexa, they were pretty powerful the first couple of weeks. I started at 10mg and gradually worked my way up to 30mg. It was almost like an ice cream headache.  I started taking tylenol or ibuprofen as preventative, since if I waited until the headache started, it was harder to squelch.  I don't have those anymore, which is great.  I just had to wait it out, but it took some time.  I started celexa on January 6th, so it's been 2 months total I've been on it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bama21

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
Haven't noticed these headaches in the last few weeks.  Looks like they might be a thing of the past.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: