Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Horrible Headache, Shaky, Confusion, and Nausea, REALLY SCARED  (Read 7220 times)

Offline beckmister82

• BECKY JO
  • Rec's: 0
  • BECKY JO
    • Poke This Member
Horrible Headache, Shaky, Confusion, and Nausea, REALLY SCARED
« on: October 04, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
About 2 hours ago I started getting a horrible headache right in the front of my head right behind my eyes and now my whole head feels tight.  I'm also getting sick to my stomach, dizzy, shaky, and feel like I'm confused and out of it.  This came on me suddenly.  Tried Ibuprofen but didn't help.  Could it be sinuses or something serious like a stroke or something wrong in my head?  I'm getting scared.  Having a hard time even typing right now, like I can't focus. 
Bookmark and Share
Rebecca Edmonds

Offline SS91

• Poke This Member
Re: Horrible Headache, Shaky, Confusion, and Nausea, REALLY SCARED
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »
If you can use both hands not a stroke...Remember STR (Smile, Talk, Raise the arms)

Just relax calm yourself down, If you can type well not not too confused just play a nice video on youtube
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisy232627

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:15:22 AM »
Sounds like a sinus headache combined with some good old anxiety.....I know I have had sinus headaches that ibuprofen couldn't touch. Your whole head or brain feels like its swollen or something its really agonizing...The dizziness, shakiness and nausea are probably a combination of both anxiety and sinuses. I would go take you a hot shower, maybe try a sinus medication (which hasn't always worked for me everytime, so if it doesn't don't worry)...do you take any type of med to calm you, if not try doing something that really catches your attention......distract, distract, distract

Tension will cause all of those symptoms, so try to focus on just calming down, put everything else to the side and use your tools for calming yourself....I always tell myself its OK not to worry and be scared because it won't change anything, it only makes it worse. Your fear wants you to believe something wrong, when it really is just a common old sinus issues.
Bookmark and Share
The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man, when he lives - Einstein

No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness - Aristotle

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 52
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 02:44:56 AM »
I don't know if I recommend the STR thing, because that sort of checking behavior can become obsessive. A stroke is difficult, if not impossible, to ignore.

It sounds like a tension headache to me. I had an identical one today, complete with eye pain and nausea. I tend to get these particular tension headaches if my TMJD has been acting up. Something to consider.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Tags: