Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Can you see your heart beat? It's worrying my little head.  (Read 38224 times)

Offline 19yearold

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Can you see your heart beat? It's worrying my little head.
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »
Hi guys,

I've been looking on Google - worst thing as we all know.

But, I haven't found much on here about this issue. I can always see my heart beat through my chest/stomach (especially after exercise). It's not irregular or fast it's just I can defiantly see it.

I have had all the necessary heart tests (electrocardiogram,echocardiogram) however I am just a bit worked up on this.
It maybe because I am focusing on it I can see it/feel it but just wondering how you guys feel.
Lots of Google sights say it's normal especially if Iíve had all those tests.

If you concentrate do you see your heart beat to? Stomach and chest?

Thanks for all your help.
This website is really a god send.

Luke
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gem

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can you see your heart beat? It's worrying my little head.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:03:52 AM »
I noticed i could see it in my stomach the other day and freaked out too, i have never payed attention to it before so i dont know if its normal, but i hope it is  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 52
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:30:52 PM »
Hi Luke,

Well, if you haven't found anything on here, then that probably means it's not scary enough to worry about!  :laugh3: If you are thin, then yes, seeing your heartbeat is totally normal. My fiancee, though, is not super thin or anything and I can still see his heartbeat all over, especially in his neck (even though he doesn't have high blood pressure or anything). But if your blood pressure is high for whatever reason, like after exercise as you said, then yes you're more likely to see it. I'll see my heartbeat after exercise.

Don't worry about it.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline PepeL

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »
I'd be more afraid if I couldn't find my heartbeat....

My stomach beats from time to time.  Just your heart letting you know its working :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Amir2490

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 01:44:56 PM »
I see my heartbeat ALL the time. In my neck, in my wrist and on my chest. I've always been able to see it since as long as I can remember.

I never ever remember it being a symptom for anything other than your heart is beating and that you have pulse. And that ain't bad.
Bookmark and Share
"Everyone has a plan until they get hit" - Mike Tyson

Offline Eighty-1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »
Hey, One I can help on!

It is perfectly normal to see your heartbeat in your sternum or abdoman.  All it is, is your aorta pumping oxigen rich blood to your trunk!  The only serious think it could be is an Aortic Anerysum, and they would have caught that on the echo.  It generally does not incur in young people, and comes from years of high blood pressure.

Don't worry about seeing your heartbeat, bro.  It's a lot better that not seeing it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ReggieA

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:08 AM »
Before when my heart worries were at their worst I would freak out because of the palpitations and just laying down in bed watching my chest and seeing my heartbeat would freak me out. Today i'm actually freaking out because I cannot see my heartbeat sometimes it seems like its not beating at all and I have to feel my neck to see if I actually have a pulse. Oh how I love anxiety  :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CoolCalmAndCollected

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
I can see my own and everyone else's heartbeat if I look hard enough and if they are still enough.  Be glad - everyone needs a beating heart.  Hearts are workhorses, and not as delicate as people think.  They're designed to just keep on working.

I say this only because I've had the same crazy (no offense) thought:  If you have to check to see if your heart is beating, you know you are having a koo-koo moment.  If your heart was not beating anymore there would be no question about it and you would not be casually checking to see what's going on.   :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
"Don't worry about things that will probably never happen." - one of my friends who has plenty to worry about but picks his worries. 

Tags: