Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Why is the left side of my face tingling??? Has anyone else experienced this???  (Read 84756 times)

Offline mmr880

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I am having a BAD day…I am at the point now that when I have a good day, I will be surprised.

I went to the ER a week ago yesterday, for numbness/tingling in my left cheek, left hand and left foot.  Yeah…I know weird.  The told me it was nothing, not a stoke heart attack…etc.

I am STILL having the tingling/weird feeling on my left cheek, now it’s traveling into my left ear/lips

I went to the Walk In yesterday --- thinking I had a sinus infection, xrays done, I do not have a sinus infection.

I am at a loss for what this is…Anxiety…Probably!!  But it is not going away.  I am having a colonscopy/endoscopy on Thursday so maybe anxious about this….

Has anyone had this tingling/weird feeling on the left side of their face/cheek/ear/lips????

Thanks for listening!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AruroGotti

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Ill bet ya after this comes through clean your symptoms will magically fade away B-;
Bookmark and Share
RIP Arturo Gatti April 15, 1972-July 9, 2009...***www.vitaminDcouncil.org***

Offline mmr880

• Poke This Member
Thanks AruroGotti!! I hope so!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jteach

• Poke This Member
I have been getting this on and off for a few weeks now. I was so scared I went to a neurologist. He did a basic physical on me and said everything seemed okay but b/c of the symptoms he wanted to do some more tests. I had a full bloodwork done, mri of spine and today I have the mri of my brain. Hopefully I will know in a few days what all the results are. I really don't believe its anything bad, might be a pinched nerve somewhere or it might truely just be anxiety. I find that when I get another physical symptom like the feeling of something stuck in my throat or bad acid reflux than I dont normally notice the tingling. I will be sure to let you know what my results are and maybe that will make you feel better
Bookmark and Share
Jess

Offline mmr880

• Poke This Member
Thank you!!! Good luck with the MRI.
Bookmark and Share

Offline idreamofskiba

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
I had that with the right side of my face for a while.  There would be tingling sometimes, and other times it would feel like something was touching my face.  I also felt like it was slower to move than the other side of my face, but I think that part would've been imagined.  One day I moved the side of my face (best way I could explain is like if you're trying to move your nose like Samantha on Bewitched -- but you really can't so you just move your mouth) and I got this extreme zap from the outer corner of my eye, down to the top of my lip.  It was the weirdest thing.  I never did figure out the cause, but it hasn't bothered me in a while.  I'm guessing the nerve was irritated.

I've had an MRI -- all clear. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline Whiskas

• Poke This Member
Yep, just the last 2 days and it's pussing me off hugely.
I came off the mega iron tablets a week ago, and have -in the last 48 hours- got leg weirdyness and facial numbness along with the left hand tingling that's been there all along. It's all currently left sided, although before I went on the tablets it would have days where it swopped sides too, apart from the left hand- I think I have some carpal tunnel thing going on there.
I'm going to go back on what's left of the iron tablets (I only took a half dose for the month cos my guts didn't like the tablets) and see if things improve.

I'm trying not to worry. (Can you hear that sound of concentration? That's me trying not to worry...). I'm still nice and strong and stuff, so I figure it's probably nothing truly awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 203
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
take a gander at the list on this link

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,17050.0.html

this may help you a bit.  Anxiety is a wild and crazy creature!!  Never underestimate what it can do to your mind/body. B-;
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline fiercefun

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
yes i have had that very symptom.. never before this year and that is not to say i havent had incredible anxiety before this but for what ever reason i have developed numbness, tingling and crawling pressure in association with my anxiety... i have to remind myself i am ok and made sure to get tested mri.. xray and ct scans and now when they come on like right now i just dismiss them... couldnt do that before the tests.. so i always recommend getting tests done for piece of mind... good luck with tests i think you will find peace when they come back negative...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: