Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Head pain/twinges....  (Read 37418 times)

Offline ALH3121

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Head pain/twinges....
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:26:43 AM »
Does anyone have these?  It's these little twinges of pain in a certain part of my head every now and then.  It's not severe, but annoying and feels kind of crampy/tingly (if that makes sense).  It's kind of hard to describe.  My muscles in my neck, back and shoulers have been really tight for the past 2 weeks.  When I stretch, I can just feel the knots there.  This pain/twinge just started happening yesterday (after hearing about a physical therapist's wife falling critically ill of a brain hemorhage a few days ago).  My head gets these weird pressures/tightness throughout the day and now these new twinges of pain have made my mind go to the worst case scenario.  It's mainly on the left side of my head and I had a little twinge above my left eye earlier. My scalp is also kind of sore in certain spots. I do suffer from chronic sinusitis so I'm wondering if that could be contributing to this.  Does anyone else get weird twinges of head pain or should I be concerned?

(sorry if this post seems to run together.  I'm very sleepy right now  ;D)
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 55
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
Re: Head pain/twinges....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 02:04:08 AM »
Hi ALH,

Boy am I familiar with this! ::) Actually, just tonight I am having a massive tension headache that's had me slouched over the toilet waiting to throw up the pain is so bad. I'm currently getting a ton of weird twinges, sharp pains, tingling, etc. in my head, particularly on the right side (because I'm worried about my carotid currently, tsk). There are about a zillion nerve endings in the shoulders and scalp, so tension can very easily be referred to the scalp, and this often presents as all kinds of weird sensations, not just tightness. Keep on stretching and watch your posture. If your neck muscles are still bugging you, I recommend putting some heat on it. I really like the Magic Bag beanbag that you can microwave and put around your neck. Also, if you can afford a massage therapist, I really recommend it. A lot of the time, insurance will cover parts of it if they are registered and if you have a script from your doc for it.

Good luck!  :action-smiley-065: Get some sleep.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »
This pain/twinge just started happening yesterday (after hearing about a physical therapist's wife falling critically ill of a brain hemorhage a few days ago).  My head gets these weird pressures/tightness throughout the day and now these new twinges of pain have made my mind go to the worst case scenario. 

hmmmm   :rolleye0012: sounds like the horrible illness of a PT's wife and your aches and pains are connected here.   This, in and of itself, should give you solace.  The two are obviously connected.  It's like someone yawning all of the time, you inevitably start yawning.  Mind over matter stuff.

I get that sore scalp.  It's happened a lot to me.  Actually it's sore right now.  I do need to wash my head though :P   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline ALH3121

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »
I should know that this is anxiety but I can't convince myself of it.  I am FREAKING OUT! Good news is the PT's wife is doing much better but I'm not.  I'm still thinking worst case scenario.  My muscles are much tighter and I can feel a panic attack coming on.  I've been having twinges off and on throughout the day today.  I can rub the sore spots in my head and the twinges start (that should be a clue right there!) I also have alot of facial sorness, probably due to my chronic sinus.  Ugh this anxiety is literally driving me crazy! :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »
Don't freak out ALH. Really, it's nothing bad! I was thinking of you last night as my head was twinging right up until I fell asleep with this stupid headache! Believe me, I've had stabbing pains, tingling, tightness and twinges in my scalp, all within the past 24 hours. :yes: And yep, facial soreness could be sinus problems, could be you tightening your face muscles, could be jaw clenching- any  number of things. Try to put some heat on your neck and lie down- or if you have to be at the computer make sure you're sitting up straight!!!
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
I should add- you need to make the choice RIGHT NOW as to whether or not you are going to indulge this panic attack, or take the higher (and admittedly more difficult) road of just letting it go. As it said in one of Pan's recent posts, just say f*** it. If you let this anxiety get out of control, you will have a panic attack like you said. And that's no fun- in fact, panic attacks are terrible! We all know that. Think of your last one- you felt awful in it. Sometimes it actually feels like you're on the verge of insanity in a panic attack. You cry, you hyperventilate, you shake... and when it finally subsides, you're utterly exhausted and perhaps a little embarrassed. (At least, I'm always embarrassed... I'm just extrapolating here, though.)  Luckily, it's entirely under your control whether you stop this harmful train of thought in its tracks right now. It is not worth whatever release you may get of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »
Your pain above your eye is where your sinus cavity is; thus may be sinus issues.
Head pains can be caused by tension in the neck and shoulders as nerves and muscles
run up your head from the neck and shoulders; as per a conversation I had with a
physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline cat curson

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 03:13:14 PM »
i get little sharp pains and an odd pressutre feeling as though somethign big is trying to pass through a blood vessel in my head (if that makes sense?) it comes for no apparant reason when im feeling fine! i also get alot of niggly head aches n all this totally freaks me out,it can last for days on and off, is this what anyone else gets?
Bookmark and Share

Offline lauraaa

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »
i have head twinges/tremors/shakes/zaps my biggest anxiety symptom , hate it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »
cat curson i've been having that pressure feeling too with this headache. no twinges, but so much dizziness and my ears constantly pop. headaches are The Suck  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline justanothernervousgirl

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 06:43:28 PM »
I get these, too. I helps me to massage my neck and my scalp. Also helps me to (gently) pull my hair. Hope your head starts feeling better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cat curson

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 11:38:16 AM »
Hi,

thanks all it helps heaps to know what im getting is 'normal' i feel alot better today about everything so figers crossed they'll be going soon,

Hope everyone is ok

cat x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: