Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Full panic mode (mole again)  (Read 3726 times)

Offline uniform

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Full panic mode (mole again)
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »
I cant do it, i cant wait for this Dermo. appoitment any longer
2 weeks and ive already broken down (at least another 3 weeks to go)
Ive been watching my mole like a hawk and noticed it starting to flake and a red ring appearing around it when im excersizing
Im 100% sure i have melonoma , And i can see the events playing out in my head of going in , getting it taken off and a few days later getting a phone call saying "there is somthing wrong" and to come back into the hospital , and im SO SO SO sure thats whats going to happen
I can already hear the Dermo. saying to me "well , it does look kind off bad, we'l just have to see"
its getting bigger and darker, and everything that could possibly be wrong with a mole, my mole has it (except for scabbing and bleeding but i think thats not far off)
My mole itself isnt painfull or itchy but the arm its on is getting pains all around it , could that be my mole giving me pain?
Im just waiting for the morning i wake up and theres a scab on it or theres dry blood around it
Im so sure i have cancer, I KNOW i have cancer  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Full panic mode (mole again)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »
I was just as sure I had MS in 1997, and in 2000, and in 2009.  In 2003, after the birth of my 6th, I mixed it up just a bit.  I was absolutely sure my tooth was loose and falling out. My tooth was hurting a bit, I knew during my labor I clenched my teeth so badly that I loosened my teeth. So I looked in the mirror and there it was moving in my mouth.  Aha, it was loose.  I went to the dentist.  They did x-rays and all of the dentist stuff.  Not only was my tooth safe in its socket, I didn't even have gingivitis. I was once again having an anxiety run amok episode.

I do believe that you are 100% sure.  As I have been the same.  But what your really 100% sure of is your fear.  Try not to run hypothetical scenarios in your head.  That will make you more and more fearful.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:05:57 AM »
The mole on your arm should not be giving you any pain, it is probably
anxiety causing you to feel pain in your arm around the mole. I would not
have yourself dead and buried yet, as there are many types of moles which
cause the symptoms you are having such as atypical moles, Psoriasis,
etc., all of which are benign.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline catlover82

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:11:05 AM »
You need to get it check by a dermatologist, but you're doing that already. Until then, don't worry about it. I had a flaky mole on my right arm, and I thought it was spreading and getting worse. I had it removed and biopsied, and it came back completely benign. If there is a problem with it, the diagnosis is often the cure anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Offline uniform

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »
Its gone beyond the point where im trying to convince myself its not cancer
Its at the point where im thinking to myself how far its gone and what the mortality rate would be
Does melonoma have to be a raised mole? thats the one last barrier my mole has to break before its has all the symtoms
Its not that itchy and its sedomly "burns"
Also about 2 years ago i picked it out (disgusting i know) because i was so freaked about it
Picked it right out till i was left with a scar , to which the mole grew back
Could the mole growing back like that make it look so odd and ugly?
My appointments been comfirmed for the 30th, But i dont know if i could bring myself to go into the hospital and get it removed without having a full blown panic attack
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »
I think anytime you pick and prod at something it is going to make it look/grow back looking meaner and uglier.  If you went to the hospital, they would likely refer you to a derm to have it removed.   By saying this please don't assume that it is a bad mole.  It is just that the ER docs would look at it and say that it looks fine but if you are concerned about it, see a derm.  This is something you've already taken care of.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: