Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sweaty neck at night??!!! Anyone?!!  (Read 54326 times)

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Sweaty neck at night??!!! Anyone?!!
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
Yet another problem...does anyone wake up with a sweaty neck? For some reason, I have noticed this off and on for the last few months. I am a 28 y/o female, so it shouldnt be a menopause thing.  I just really do hope its hormone/anxiety related and not cancer related :)  Just checking to see if anyone else has this and what it may be from.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyhell

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sweaty neck at night??!!! Anyone?!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
Are you on any medication? When I was on Effexor a couple of years ago I had night sweats like you would not believe. I kept telling my doctor and she kept doing blood work and it all came back perfectly fine. Once I stopped taking the Effexor the night sweats stopped after about a month.  Just goes to show how great those meds are. Also what kind of mattress do you have. I have a memory foam mattress and they hold heat in so I tend to wake up sometimes sweating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »
I get sweaty at night sometimes.  I'm older than you but sweating at night can be caused by several things besides perimenopause.  For instance, holding the blankets closely, wearing heavier pjs, tense sleep, anxious dreams, or meds.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 55
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:56:48 PM »
I do get sweaty at night if I am particularly anxious, and my neck is often one of the first places to get it, too! Actually, to think of it, my neck can get sweaty at night regardless of anxiety or not. My body radiates a lot of heat when I'm sleeping, so I'm told.  ::) So I'll wake up with a sweaty neck and dry mouth, etc. because I get so warm.

Like sixpack says, it can be any number of things, and is more likely than not something small like just having too heavy of a blanket. Even if you go to sleep a bit chilly, as your body starts warming up while you're sleeping (and you're still under the blankets) you'll just sweat a bit. Definitely not menopause.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline litha

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »
I get night sweats too. I think it's cause by the lexapro.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:47:19 PM »
Doesnt it always make you feel better to hear other people have the same issues haha. Thanks for the replys. I have taken Lexapro for 9 years. It is possible I have had these forever and just recently noticed, so I am all worried about it. I also have a memory foam mattress, so that could be it. My husband has had horrible night sweats his whole life. It doesnt seem to bother him any. I am the one that notices most of the time. I dont think I will call the Dr. any time soon for that then :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kayteecatt

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:09:11 AM »
Yeppers, night sweats is one of the biggest complaints about Lexapro. 

I started getting them after I'd been on the meds for about 3 weeks.  I get them off and on depending on how my day went or how tired I am.  The more exhausted I am when I go to bed, the more likely I am to wake up in a sweat.  It always seems to be right around my hairline front and back.

I only take 5mgs of Lexapro a day now and it still happens to me.  Must not take much of the stuff to have this side effect.  I'll live with it though, it's better than the anxiety I was feeling!! :)
Bookmark and Share
Some day the mother ship will arrive and take my HA back to Mars where it belongs.

Offline diana66

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 12:51:43 AM »
I started noticing that I sweat at night with this latest bout of HA.  I wake up in a cold sweat all the time, and my first thoughts are of anxious/worry over health issues.  I know I haven't had a solid night sleep in weeks because of anxiety.  I think it is normal to sweat when you are worried all the time. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline luv2chat

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 06:24:11 AM »
I always wake up with a sweaty neck and my husband says im like a heater at night he cant lay next to me..Always have been dont know why
Bookmark and Share
nutty New Yorker

Tags: