Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Can a panic attack leave you in physical pain?  (Read 10716 times)

Offline Ruby*Shoes

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Can a panic attack leave you in physical pain?
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:14:21 PM »
I just had a quick question i was hoping someone could answer, or at least relate to....

A few weeks ago, I had a really intense panic attack. My entire body was just convulsing and my muscles were so tensed up. The day after that, and for a week following that night, every muscle in my body hurt intensly. It felt like I had ben hit by a semi every morning, and it lasted all day.  :sick0002:The pain was so bad in my muscles that I had to miss a week of work, and my Dr. did all sorts of labs to rule out arthritis, lupus, ect. :P

So it seems logical that since this happened the morning after the night of the panic attack, it could be related to the attack, but I have never experienced physical pain for days after an attack.....

Can anyone relate? Does anyone have an answer for me? Thanks!

RUBY
:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline apple

• Rec's: 14
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can a panic attack leave you in physical pain?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 02:23:54 PM »
Oh Boy can I relate to that!!!!

My best friend is my heating pad!  My husband says he married me and my pad.  I have had 4 panic attacks this week and one day I felt like i got hit across my shoulders with a 2X4!!  I am in constant steady muscle pain.   Sometimes I have relief on a good day or if I take tylonal or sometimes but not too often with my clonazepam. 

I went for a massage one day thinking it may help.  It hurt like the devil but after that for a whole day I felt relaxed....realllly relaxed.
Bookmark and Share
I hope everyone could suffer less by knowing more

Offline spinedoc08

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:29 PM »
Hey, I'm new here, but not new to anxiety. I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder a few months ago. I can definately say that panic attacks can leave you in physical pain. I have been in so much muscle pain after a panic attack. I especially feel it in the muscles in my jaws, which is I guess from where I clench them shut during an attack. But then for the next few days after a really bad attack. My jaw muscles hurt so bad, and I can barely open them to talk. It is horrible. My neck and back muscles are really tight and even there are other times that other things hurt as well. So I say definately say yes that panic attacks can leave you in physical pain.

Andrea
Bookmark and Share

Offline kiara

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 04:24:41 PM »
hi i have been having panic attacks for the last year and and one stage they were very severe one coming after another during a panic attack you tense up all the muscells in your body and it can leave you very sore afterwards also if your hyperventaliting your arms and feet start to get very tingly so yes im sorry to tell you it can leave you in physical pain . have u tried any breathing exercies to help you relax during one.
Bookmark and Share
it is more cruel to always fear death than it is to die,
the person who is constantly in fear is every day condemed

Offline lilvanillachica1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 04:59:51 AM »
i can understand . After a panic attack i too feel like someone ran me over and then backed up again. Plus I feel weak and tired. A good thing to do would be take a hot bath and a short nap, when its real bad. Its helped me get over the worst of the pain. That and a bottle of advil
Hope your feeling better!

C
Bookmark and Share
im going to smile even if it kills me!

Offline GMan86

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »
I do breathing exercises such as Taking deep breaths and holding it after you inhale, then exhale very slowly. It helps calm me down.
Bookmark and Share
"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward." -Helen Keller

Tags: