Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Twitching...In my ear?!?! Help please :(  (Read 15042 times)

Offline littlefishy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Twitching...In my ear?!?! Help please :(
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:33 PM »
Hello everyone. I haven't really been on the site much the past week or so because i've been doing really well and I didn't want to read about things that might make that good feeling go away, so I steered clear of anything HA/medical related for as long as I could. I really have had little or no symptoms and I was so occupied this past week that I didn't even have time to have any symptoms or google or think I have something wrong with me. Until tonight  :(

I was at work and I had a bout of the hiccups. I get them sometimes and usually holding my breath will help. These hiccups were being a little stubborn so it took a little more time. After holding my breath a few times, I noticed a twitch. Okay now i'm a "twitcher" you could say, it was one of the things that convinced me I have MS. Usually it was my arm or leg or eye or something like that, but lately they've gone away. Now this twitch felt just like my other ones (that jiggly feeling, you can feel it and see it) only this one was IN MY EAR! I could actually hear it and feel it, like it's my eardrum twitching or something. I have had this happen in the past but I wasn't sure if I was hearing my heartbeat in my ear or if it was a twitch, but it was usually like a little "thud thud thud" sound and it would stop. Now since it's happened once tonight, it keeps happening like every minute or so! It's driving me crazy and I'm scared to death that it's a sign of a brain tumor (because it's my ear/head region) or MS (maybe this is an "attack" since my "symptoms" have subsided lately and I know MS symptoms come and go) or even ALS (and that's not even a disease I usually worry about B-;... i'm only 20) It's not my heartbeat i'm hearing because i've felt my heart and it doesn't match up with the twitching thud sound in my ear.

Please someone, tell me that you've had something similar and i'm not some sort of medical anomaly. Maybe it's happening because i'm basically panicking and it's all i've been thinking about. But I can't remember ever twitching this much even when it was a complaint of mine...that's why something must REALLY be wrong  :traurig001: I have been having some ear issues within the past month, I had a clogged ear for a while after a cold and I had some jaw pain/facial pain and sinus headaches (I do clench my jaw a lot, I probably have TMJ but it is not diagnosed) that changed with the weather. The weather here has been a little unpredictable, it's gone from a dry sunny warm day to cold humid and raining, but I don't know how this would explain a twitch.
Bookmark and Share

Offline littlefishy

• Poke This Member
Re: Twitching...In my ear?!?! Help please :(
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:34 PM »
Oh and I don't know if this matters but I JUST remembered I did not take my lexapro today...i've never missed a dose but I just remembered that today I did miss it. I don't know if one day of not taking my meds could really cause a twitch to come back especially in my ear but it's worth a shot. I'm trying to convince myself it's anything else other than a deadly disease but it's hard to try and do that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icanrelate1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »
So do you have TMJ issues or clench your teeth? I commonly get a twitch near my ear from clenching. It is actually my temporalis muscle that is exhausted from my clenching while under stress or anxious. It can get so bad that it will slightly shake my reading glasses when I am wearing them. This may be exactly what is happening to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline littlefishy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »
I do clench my teeth a lot and my jaw clicks. Usually I clench when i'm anxious though sometimes i've caught myself doing it when i'm not. It's become sort of a habit. I didn't really notice that I was doing it much today, but there was a stressful situation that came up earlier today (I had to quit a second job I recently started and the boss yelled at me and hung up on me, I was pretty upset about it), so I guess today I was more anxious and upset than I have been. The clenching could definitely be it, it's just strange to me that this twitching is lingering for longer than usual which makes me think something is wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: