Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: tingling all over  (Read 26750 times)

Offline mk

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
tingling all over
« on: March 07, 2009, 05:27:45 PM »
Hi,    Does anybody else get tingling all over their body - when I am doing something or not thinking about it, it seems to  go away.  I feel it the most when I'm sitting down :(

I'm trying not to google. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jillian

• Poke This Member
Re: tingling all over
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:35:28 PM »
Is it tingling or twitching you are feeling.  I have been having twitching for two months mainly in my calves, going to see a neurologist in three week, hoping it nothing but thinking the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mk

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
It's tingling not twitching. It's like my legs and arms are about to fall asleep. A pins and needles feeling.  It comes and goes in all my limbs
Bookmark and Share

Offline pixiegirl

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:14:45 PM »
Hi there....I am a fellow-tingler....from head to toe....day or night... I have had them for 8 months now...sometimes my skin burns ...pretty much daily.  I have had rounds of blood work and other testing, and after all other horrible problems were eliminated, my Dr. said that I was suffering from Anxiety disorder.  I was actually confused at the time because I did not feel that I was anxious, but normal everyday stress can contribute to your body's nervous system to just break.  I have a much better understanding now because I know that it does take our nervous system time to calm down....and as soon as I owned that...I started to notice that my symptoms slowed down.  Now, another problem that I was experiencing was  tolerance withdrawals with my Ativan meds.  That too can cause tingling and burning...but I know that my tingling started a couple of years back...very minor...which started this entire HA scare.  The symptoms would go away once I took it, but would also come back when the meds wore off.  I am not saying to quit your meds or anything like that...they do have a great place for many....but for me...they just added to my already existing symptoms, so I opted to quit the meds and start on supplements instead.  I also do cognitive therapy.  I believe that our thoughts can make or break us, and re-learning how to think is the key to long term healing.  I hope my experiences can help anyone out there.  This can be really scary, but knowledge ABOUT HEALTH ANXIETY is power....power for us to get better and learn more coping skills....esp. the skill to STAY AWAY FROM THE GOOGLING.  Many Blessings...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jay1980

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »
is the tingling all the time, or only when you feel anxious?  my extremities (especially legs) get tingly when im under alot of stress.  my doctor explained when we are anxious, we may hyperventilate w/out even realizing it.  this causes our PH in our blood to rise, which creates the tingling sensation.  i wasnt even aware i was doing it, until the doc explained it to me. 

low vit b12/b6, can also cause tingling feelings (paresthesia).  if you dont already, it wouldnt hurt to try a b complex vitamin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mk

• Poke This Member
Re: tingling all over ( PLease Help!!! )
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »
thanks guys for your replies :)

Tho I'm really starting to freak out now.   Its not going away!!!!
I even have tingling on the tip of my nose :( wtf??
I really don't think that I'm hyerventilating.  I was not stressed out or anything before  it all  started.

Its mostly in my legs and sometimes in my arms and the tip of my nose.  I feel it the most when I'm sitting down or lying in bed. It feels like pins and needles or crawling bugs on my legs. I even had some buring feel last night too
I really don't want to google but I'm really getting scared now!!!
I'm also feeling sore and achy all over too and my underarms are sore too.  Do you think it's all connected?

HELP!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mk

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »
I googled !!!  B-;  :sick0002:

OMG.......brain tumor, MS, tumors, Lupus etc........ OMG :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bustaman

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:59:19 AM »
I googled !!!  B-;  :sick0002:

OMG.......brain tumor, MS, tumors, Lupus etc........ OMG :traurig001:

You'd be way more symptomatic than just having paresthesia if you had any of those ailments. I know it's hard not to imagine why we get these symptoms (I'm having it really bad right now), but if you can accept the fact that you have excessive anxiety, then it's not a far cry to accept the fact that the physical sensations you are experiencing are physical manifestations of your anxiety....

Personally I notice getting the tinglies when I stop worrying with my MIND. It's like it internalizes itself into my body. So strange.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: