Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Irregular heartbeat showing on BP monitor???  (Read 7111 times)

Offline AYKM

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Irregular heartbeat showing on BP monitor???
« on: October 07, 2008, 10:59:33 AM »
SO I was ust about ready to return my BP monitor since my BP has been normal and I am no longer worried about, when I thought maybe I should check my pulse and erase the saved readings. When I went through the instruction manual, I noticed that there was a symbol that would show if you had an irregular pulse reading. It said that usually they are no concern, however if it continues to show several times a week with daily readings to consult your physician. Well, after reading it, I took my BP...well wouldn't you know it....it showed up. So in a panic I checked the saved readings and it had shown up on another reading that I had taken about a week ago. So now, I AM thinking that I have some serious irregular heartbeat issue and my rapid heatbeats are a concern....DAMN that monitor!!! And I was just about to give it back! Now it's at work with me and I am so scared to take my BP. I checked it again about three times before I left for work and the symbol didn't show, but I just don't know what to think now. The manual said to sit still and calm, don't move or talk, and then take your pressure. It is possible that I was talking or moving the first time the symbol came up, but this morning I just sat down and did it. Granted it was right after I read abuot the symbol, but is that enough??  :angry: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline AYKM

• Poke This Member
Re: Irregular heartbeat showing on BP monitor???
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »
OH, and my pulse was normal every time too. Now I am so worried about wearing this stupid Holter monitor tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Annie

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
I have an irregular heart beat symbol show up on mine about a couple of times a week.  I am not really worried about that.  Most of the time it doesn't show. I wouldn't worry about that at least your BP is normal now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Annie

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:04:40 PM »
I have the irregular heart beat symbol show up on my monitor at least twice a week.  I would not worry about that.  It's probably normal every now and then to have an irregular heart beat as long as it's not consistent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AYKM

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »
Thanks Annie.
I am assuming if I had a serious malfunction of beating they would have picked it up on the EKG I had in April, but I guess I will see what the Holter monitor says.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Oceanminded

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
Check out my posts about Irregular heartbeats. There called PVC's. There scary but not dangerous if your heart checks out fine. Stress, anxiety, overeating, alcohol, lack of sleep, electrolyte imbalance can cause them. You may or may not feel them. Some people have them all the time. I'm still learning about them cuz they do scare the crap out of me being a health anxiety sufferer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kayteecatt

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
I'm sure you're just fine.  My blood pressure monitor is going to be the death of me I swear.  Every once in awhile it'll give me some messed up reading like 60/20.....or 175/102....then I check it again 5 minutes later and it's my usual 117/73....they're touchy little machines, I've noticed that my doctors office doesn't even believe theirs most of the time.
Bookmark and Share
Some day the mother ship will arrive and take my HA back to Mars where it belongs.

Offline AYKM

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »
Thanks Oceanminded and Kayteecat,

Question, Oceanminded...
DO you still get the irregular heartbeat readings on your BP machine? I just got another one, took it in my office after class, and then I took two more a few minutes apart and it was fine. What's crazy is that when i get the irregular heartbeat symbol, my pulse is perfectly normal. The normal pulse should indicate that I probably don't have a problem with my heart right? I know that the tachychardia thing is a fast heartbeat and mine has never been above the 90's so it shouldn't be anything. I am so scared about this stupid Holter monitor tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Oceanminded

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 09:37:53 AM »
AYKM;
I was getting irregular hearbeat readings on my BP Machine but I could also feel the "skipped" or extra heart beats when it was happening. It scared the crap out of me and sent me to the E.R. That's when they told me my heart was fine and some people just get these benign PVC's or PAC's. There still scary cuz its a unnatural feeling. I'm still new to these even though I've had my anxiety problem now for a couple of years. I've probably have had them before just never noticed them. Now I have a whole new thing to worry about. :spineyes: Even if you do get these irregular readings, I wouldn't worry about it especially if your pulse feels normal when its happening.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: