Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Why does heat make me feel so sick  (Read 15131 times)

Offline Angsthase

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Why does heat make me feel so sick
« on: September 06, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »
I can't enjoy hot summer days and I really don't get it when I see people excersing in the heat. It's not even a 100 today, it's about 85 but still I just don't feel
good. When I get up from a sitting or lying condition I feel my head is pounding and sometimes I see black for a few seconds. I also feel this low grade nausea often when it's hot. I did faint before when I was a teenager (now I am 37). I felt kind of faint today and this of course scares me since I passed out before.
Is something wrong with my body that I can't stand this weather. Everybody around me is happy and doesn't  feel bothered by it. Why do I feel so weak compared to other people. I am not overweight and I am not elderly or pregnant. Do I need to be concerned ? I also seem to sweat more than other people. It's so embarressing when I am at  the Gym dripping everywhere. Usually guys do that more than women.I do drink a lot of water so I don't know what else I can do. Do I need to worry ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cercy

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why does heat make me feel so sick
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:52:16 PM »
You know, I'm the same way. And I've been told it's probably due to my thyroid being low. And I'm on treatment for that, so when it kicks in, we'll see. But I also think maybe it has something to do with tending to have low blood pressure- at least in my case. I tend to have rather low BP and hot showers and hot summer days make me feel like I'm going to black out. Been this way since I was a teen as well and now I'm 31.

For years I attributed it to having had heat stroke when I was a camp counselor at a summer camp... because I've been this way ever since. But whatever it is I think it's pretty benign, though annoying.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Angsthase

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 07:26:55 PM »
Does heat make low blood pressure worse ?  I am more on the low side too but still in normal range. I also have hypothyroidtism  but I am on medication since I am 26 years old. I get it checked twice a year but I am in the normal range. So it can't be the thyroid. I actually read that people with hypothyroidtism feel cold and the ones with hyperthyroidtism feel warm. Do you have hypo or hyperthyroidtism ??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cercy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 07:37:58 PM »
Hypo- but I always feel hotter than everyone around me, which doesn't really fit. I just figured that it was something that happened when you were 'off'. My mother in law is Hyper and she feels cold all the time. So it's not written in stone.

And as for BP... I'm not sure. But the faintness I feel when hot is the same as the faintness I feel when I get up too quickly etc. And no doctor I've ever mentioned all this to seemed to think anything of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CompletelyCrazy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »
I am so intolerant of heat, too.  I feel awful when it's hot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: