Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Head - neck position affecting buzzing sensations?  (Read 18266 times)

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
  • Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Head - neck position affecting buzzing sensations?
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
Has anyone had changes in their tingling / buzzing sensation's frequency / intensity by adjusting their head and neck posture... I have had buzzing, twitches, and alot of other things before in the past. I found out at work today that one little buzz in my upper right leg would increase when I put my head way down. Scared me to death. I'm going to the doc again to discuss this new one as it reminds me of something ms related. I have talked to at least one other member here who has had this... and she had multiple clean mri's, but i still worry.

thanks

-roger
26/male
Bookmark and Share

Offline countrygirl

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Head - neck position affecting buzzing sensations?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
I may be completely wrong :spineyes: but if your buzzing alters when you move then it could be because the buzzing is caused by a spine problem and the movement alters the pressure on a nerve.

I have spinal damage and I get vibration feeling in my legs on and off that is coming from damaged nerves in back.

Do you have any back ache or am I barking up the wrong tree here :question:
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »
What I have is a sign of MS. I think its called Lhermitte's sign. Moving your neck mostly down makes a slight small buzzing in my leg. It could be a disc issue or whatever but often it is your nerves irritated by ms from what I understand.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aloha Apple

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »
Ugh whoever invented MS needs to be shot. LOL  :fighting0010:
Why is this disease so deeply rooted in our brains?  :fragend005:
99% of us Don't have it, but think that we do, and it SUCKS.  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
I don't have the radiating shock though like it says.. just one part of my leg....
I'm to the point of accepting it right now if it MS...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Momoffive

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »
Crap, why did I have to click on this thread?  I have been having tons of buzzing in my feet and I have wondered if my posture affected it.... MS.... arrgh!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
From wiki:

"Lhermitte's Sign, sometimes called the Barber Chair phenomenon, is an electrical sensation that runs down the back and into the limbs, and is produced by bending the neck forward."

well i don't have this.... don't have anything in my neck or back.. its not electrical either.. more like a slight "the vibrating phone" phenomenon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline countrygirl

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 08:36:51 PM »
I get the tuning fork sensation in my legs - not an electric shock at all its just like someone has banged a tuning fork for a few seconds - a def buzz, I have it for months at a time then it goes away for up to a year and I have had this for past 20 years and still funtioning fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »
Yep,, like a dull tuning fork.. i think i have an answer sort of...

Britannica Concise Encyclopedia | Date: 2007

Pain along the course of the sciatic nerve, from the lower back down each leg. It often begins after lower back strain and is associated with spinal disk herniation. Pain is increased by coughing, sneezing, or bending the neck forward.

Basically compressed muscle, joint pain and stress in lower back cause this. Not enough pressure to cause pain, instead you get buzz, or very slight discomfort.
http://www.chirogeek.com/Sciatica_Real_PAcut-away.jpg . Anything that tugs on the chord such as muscle stress, posture, neck posture, lifting, etc, can aggravate it..

I guess that's just another one of the many things it could be besides something big...

Bookmark and Share

Offline s-jay

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 06:04:29 AM »
Yip I get the I get the tuning fork sensation in my legs and bum ... I hate it, but at least it does not hurt :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 09:26:59 AM »
It may be related to nerve or muscular issues in your neck or shoulder. Tension in your shoulders caused by
stress or sitting at your computer all day can cause muscular issues in your back and shoulders which can
cause problems in your neck which in turn can cause head issues. To be safe I would consult your physician and
keep a detailed log of your symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Nriniawokczyc

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
This is terrible, I have the same thing, I noticed it about 1 week ago and I'm about to give up on life because of it... you noticed this August 25 or so right? its October now, how are you doing today??? did you get tests done??? what did your doctor say???
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 12:36:32 AM »
Might went away. The doc said it was not the ms sign or anything.. here is an idea of what it might be.. ( taken from a dartmouth medschool site. )

The spinal cord, meninges and cervical roots and even lumbar nerve roots are stretched slightly when the head is flexed onto the chest. Because the spinal cord is pulled upward slightly in the spinal canal by neck flexion, the lower lumbosacral nerve roots are also stretched and pain may be experienced in the low back and legs as well as the neck.
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dons/part_1/chapter_1.html

So this could be caused my a number of things from tense muscles to compression of nerves, disc problems, sciatica,  just a ton of things really in the lower back... The Lherm sign is if you do it and a powerful electric shock travels from your upper neck down your back and arms. The doc said you would know it if it happened.
Also people taking SSRI's also have zaps in their head and neck as well due to concentration of chemicals caused by the meds.

When i noticed my little upper leg buzz, i was checking it a gazillion times a day which might have made it worse. I stopped checking it for a week ( it was hard because i have OCD)... and then it was gone.. degenerated axons don't heal that fast, and when I did mine once, i couldn't hardly reproduce it again for a while after. I have lower lumbar pack pain sometimes... maybe because of my poor posture... I'm an IT engineer.

I am really doing well on my fear of MS....I think I have learned to accept the fact that I might develop ms, cancer, spontaneous human combustion, etc.
I know that I am physical able to enjoy life today, and we all should take advantage of this, because not the best doctor in the world can't promise you that you will see tomorrow. A 1 in a 1,000+ chance of something shouldn't take the life you have today away. And if i have MS (which docs say i don't) there are some awesome ms meds coming out in the next few years that are showing to halt the progression of this.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/AANMeeting/tb/9152

http://www.drugresearcher.com/Emerging-targets/Apitope-vaccine-stops-MS-in-its-tracks

http://mspipeline.wordpress.com/

I also do preventative things like take Vitamin D3 5,000 (amazing stuff.. prevents everything from depression, breast cancer, ms, etc...(this comes from Harvard studies).. just google the benefits in the news, http://www.slate.com/id/2105560/
And I take fish oil pills ( Omega 3 ) --> tons of benefits on this one as well.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_oil
helps heart health and depression - shown in studies

And all my family here at AnxietyZone.com, who have been with me all this time as helped alot. I also take Lexapro and goto talk therapy.

Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:25 AM »
what is a radiating shock,of course once in a blue moon i get like a sharp quick pain above one of my thighs for no reason,im not sure if its the way i move or not,but its sudden and its strange,so thats another thing i have to worry about along with the wierd feelings in my face,dammmmm
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »
radiates: starts from your neck then travels down to you back, then to your arms and hands..

When your dealing with stress and muscle tension, I understand nerves can be squezzed, pinched, become compressed, a number of things.... there a gazilion reasons why this stuff might happen.

.. it just sucks that nasty diseases have to share alot with anxiety and stress as far as symptoms go.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: