Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: palpitations everyday  (Read 314 times)

Offline anxan11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
palpitations everyday
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:49:14 AM »
i've been having palpitations everyday for a year and a half now. the only way to calm them is the atenolol that i'm taking (12.5 mg. but if i take more or everyday it slows my heart rate down too much). my bpm goes to 135. i was in the nurses office the last time they were bad and she said "you're running away from us". scared me even more. anyone else experiencing this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline curlyandcrazy

• Poke This Member
Re: palpitations everyday
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »
I've been having really bad palpitations lately, too, that seem to last a long time (like days without my heart rate slowing...). So bad that it would keep me from sleeping some nights cause my heart was pounding so hard. It can feel really scary, but palpitations and a high heart rate are completely normal anxiety symptoms. Your heart is a pretty strong organ, and it can take it, though. I just went to my doctor about my racing heart cause I was worried (similar bpm as yours), and she told me that your heart could race at that pace for years and nothing would happen. It is really really annoying though!  :sad0147:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxan11

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:31:23 PM »
I've been having really bad palpitations lately, too, that seem to last a long time (like days without my heart rate slowing...). So bad that it would keep me from sleeping some nights cause my heart was pounding so hard. It can feel really scary, but palpitations and a high heart rate are completely normal anxiety symptoms. Your heart is a pretty strong organ, and it can take it, though. I just went to my doctor about my racing heart cause I was worried (similar bpm as yours), and she told me that your heart could race at that pace for years and nothing would happen. It is really really annoying though!  :sad0147:

that's what i'm told to. but i get dizzy, shortness of breath, and though my chest doesn't hurt all the time, i do get worried. if i'm washing the dishes, it'll go up, then i have to lie down to get them back calm again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
My mother's been having palpitations for over 50 years.  She has been to numerous cardiologists.  SHe is 85 now and still strong as an ox.  They are called premature ventricular contractions and  they are completely benign.

My question is: what's causing you the health anxiety?  Is there something currently going on in your life that you're not coping with as well as you would like?

Are you seeing a therapist, taking any other meds?

I wish you good luck,

Best,  Julie
Bookmark and Share

Offline Coreen15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »
Palpitations are extremely normal even with people who don't have anxiety. I had an ECG done and a holt or monitor done and it shows that I have pvcs which are also normal. MINe is an extra beat. I also had an ultrasound on the heart and everything is normal. I have a stress test in January to rule out everything which they say is going to come out normal but just to do it for cautionary reasons. Palpitations almost everyone ha them and because we are hyper aware of our bodies, we feel them more. I notice mine when I'm lying down or sittin down. It comes and goes.
They also could be from low magnesium or low iron which when mine started was in my pregnancies. They could also be a result of hormonal changes etc but are also super common amongst everyone. I wouldn't worry too much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
I'm 34 and have "felt" PVCs since I was 20, but I likely had them before then. I've had all the heart tests and my heart checks out healthy. Sometimes my heart palps act up which makes me anxious thus more heart palps. It comes and goes. I will say they are not dangerous, just unnerving.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Offline anxan11

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
My mother's been having palpitations for over 50 years.  She has been to numerous cardiologists.  SHe is 85 now and still strong as an ox.  They are called premature ventricular contractions and  they are completely benign.

My question is: what's causing you the health anxiety?  Is there something currently going on in your life that you're not coping with as well as you would like?

Are you seeing a therapist, taking any other meds?

I wish you good luck,

Best,  Julie

i am under stress but there are a bunch of other symptoms going on as well.  it's a struggle getting out of bed. i don't know what a normal heart rate is doing anything after the first "panic attack" i had last year so i'm constantly worried about it. as for other medications i'm taking lisinopril and .25 mg of xanax. then my new pdoc scared the crap out of me telling me that my echo was bad despite my cardio doc telling me i'm good to go and everything checked out normal. my Ejection Fraction was 55% and he said i had some regurg. he said he's seen heart failure in people young as me with an EF that low. he told me to see him in a month  :fragend005:

at the doctor my blood pressure was 124/84 and pulse was 86. and i'm scheduled to see a therapist in late october
Bookmark and Share

Tags: