Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sciatica flare up  (Read 220 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sciatica flare up
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:28:36 AM »
I've posted something similar before, but I have a different question on the same subject.  For those who have suffered from sciatica, what's the longest flare up you've had?  I'm dealing with mainly tingling, but on occasion I'll get the pain (not severe).  The tingling is what freaks me out.  At first is was pretty constant.  Now it comes and goes and is less in intensity.  But, it's been going on for about 6 1/2 weeks now.  AND on top of that, I'm now suffering from tingling down my arm/fingers due to a new injury that I haven't had examined yet.  It may seem simple, but as you know with anxiety, I can't focus on much else, I'm driving my husband insane by my constant focus and talking about it, and I'm terrified of the "what if's". 
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sciatica flare up
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »
"For those who have suffered from sciatica, what's the longest flare up you've had?"

A couple of months!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »
I had mine linger for a few weeks after seeing a bunch of theatre performances in a row - those seats aren't the most comfortable things!  Also, the first time I had it, it wouldn't go away for a long time.  I can't remember how long.  And it just kept coming back, so I don't think it truly "went away" for several months.  Mine is mostly pain, though, so there's no question of when it's there and when it's not. 
Bookmark and Share

Online wutdo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
This is actually what I have been dealing with recently. I have had issues with what I believe is sciatica for the past 3 months. It started when I began exercising heavily. I have intermittent aches and burning sensation down my right leg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:59:33 PM »
This flare up started when I began exercising heavily, as well.  I have a bulging disc but I wasn't taking that into consideration.  And I TRUELY feel that I am causing it to continue because I am thinking about it so much.  The tingling really freaks me out.  I keep playing the "what if" questions through my head.  What if I go paralyzed?  What if I get permanent damage (other than paralyzation), etc.  It's exhausting!
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 02:27:25 PM »
Anyone else deal with this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:11:27 PM »
Where is the tingling located? And is it constant or intermittent?
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »
Mainly in my foot, although it does happen in my leg as well on occasion.  It's intermittent, and it actually is lessening as the days go by.  However, it seems the like the littlest thing can and usually does aggravate it.  It's been going on about 6-7 weeks. But it's definitely improved since it started.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 07:56:11 PM »
I see. I asked because about a year ago I had awoken to my left foot tingling. It was actually more of a vibrating feeling than anything else. I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back as well as sciatica. A week prior to the tingling I had gone on some roller coaster rides against my better judgement. The tingling in my foot lasted a good 10 days, then was intermittent after that. Idk if it was from my sciatica being aggravated or something else, but the neuro thought that was the reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
My dr thinks my foot issue is my sciatica.  She says it can totally skip the leg and just go to the foot. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: