Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about my moms health  (Read 83 times)

Offline Anxious87

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about my moms health
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:10:32 AM »
Wondering if anyone could give me any insight or have been through something similar. My mom was fighting off pneumonia for a few weeks and after many failed antibiotics they finally found one that worked (augmentin) now I've heard this can be quite harsh on the system but now she's plagued with nausea, vomiting, diarehea, burning stomach, and lower abdominal pain. She also has pretty bad acid reflux (has for many years) I'm extremely worried about her and fearing the worst. Has anyone had something similar to this after strong antibiotics?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about my moms health
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:02:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure the side effects from the antibiotics will go away once she finishes taking them.  This is one of those cases where, while the side effects are unpleasant, not taking the medication would be far worse.

Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about my moms health
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »
Pneumonia can be hard to shake, especially in older people.  I'm sorry she's having a rough time with the side effects, but they should start to get better as soon as she's done with the antibiotics.  There's a vaccine against some kinds of pneumonia that my mother gets; it's recommended for people over 65.  If she hasn't already gotten it it might be worth it to ask her doctor about it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: