Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My experience  (Read 53 times)

Offline MMHD

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My experience
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:16:17 AM »
Hey everyone.

I'm Matt and completely new to this. Basically recently I have really not been feeling myself and very, very anxious and can't quite pin down why.

I have always had a very philosophical mind, and I would say that I am a humanist and I have never had any anxiety about this but lately I seem to be reflecting on life a lot more than what is probably healthy for me.

I study French and Spanish at university so have been abroad for a year. Upon returning back to The UK I have had both strong experiences of depersonalisation and derealisation. For example, when I have met up with friends I can still socially engage but half of me feels like I am on the outside and when I am talking about my experiences half the time I think 'did this really happen to me?!' Even though I know it did. Furthermore, when I returned to UK my parents don't live where I grew up - they now live in a rural area that I can't relate to. Upon seeing countryside vistas and the ocean, instead of feeling awe I freak out and just can't seem to relate to the world around me.

I am doing my best to cope - making sure I exercise, get fresh air and eat, although I have lost my appetite. I don't know whether having a humanity kind of mind vs having a scientific one affects things. My outlook on the world is constantly changing as I grow...I used to see the world pretty subjectively whereas now I am starting to see it more objectively and maybe this is why I am freaking out.

I guess I am posting because I want someone to relate or something. I hope I snap out of it soon, I have never had anxiety like this before, and whilst I am ensuring that I continue to be social etc inside I am really struggling.

Cheers
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: My experience
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: