Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Claw Toes and diabetes?  (Read 108 times)

Offline quietghosts

• Rec's: 0
  • 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
Claw Toes and diabetes?
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:47:05 AM »
I have curved over toes, since I was younger. I assume they are claw toes. My father had the same kind of toes, and had diabetes later in life. I'm not sure if type 1 or 2. He had his leg removed because of gang green, in jail I think? Awkward right. I think that was brought on by diabetes. I'm scared that since I have these toes, and am overweight, I will get diabetes now at 19 without having the chance to lose weight and change my lifestyle, which I am doing.

I went to the hospital recently, they took blood twice. Would they have found out if I had diabetes then?

Please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline quietghosts

• 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
Re: Claw Toes and diabetes?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »
It was just routine bloodwork but I assume the hospital would have wanted to rule that out right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:59:47 AM »
What tests did you get?  They might have tested for that, they might not, but you have no symptoms of diabetes from the sound of it, so why worry about it?  Focus on losing weight, eating right and getting in better shape so you reduce your chances of ever getting it, but unless you're having symptoms, you have no reason to think you have it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline quietghosts

• 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 02:20:34 AM »
I was having abdominal pain so they gave me a blood test, my white blood cell was elevated because of a UTI, they found out through a urine sample. Of course I was freaking put with UTI symptoms 4-5 days later and went back, they did more blood work and said the UTI was clearing up, said my blood work looked fantastic, and of course told me I should drop a few pounds was the only problem they knew of.

I am now rexperiencing the UTI, but I've also felt weaker on my left side, aches and tingles. I mentioned in another post I thought this was from sleeping wrong or playing too many video games (blood clot and brain tumor scare initally). Do these sound like signs of diabetes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 02:22:47 AM »
Nope.  A friend of mine very clearly remembers developing diabetes as a kid, and it sounded absolutely nothing like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline quietghosts

• 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 02:24:10 AM »
I also read frequent UTI can mean diabetes, so this makes me more upset. But if that were true wouldn't they have checked?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:40 AM »
Frequent UTIs are common in a lot of women; some people just get them more easily than others.  Not sure if there's a reason or it's just one of those things.  My mom is one of them.  She used to get them alllll the time.  Not so much lately, though, but for decades it was like she had one every few months.  She doesn't have diabetes or any other underlying health problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline quietghosts

• 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:20:57 AM »
I think I'm really letting my anxiety get to me. Hopefully HA calms down when I visit my GP and I stop bothering everyone with my posts. Thank you, I'll try to stop, but we all know that doesn't work very well...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:59:12 PM »
I know how you feel; it's hard to let things go when one fear just won't leave you alone. 

Best bet is to stop reading about things.  I know it seems like it'll help but it's terrific at making us feel a million times worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: claw toe diabetes genes