Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question-pain in lower ab area  (Read 115 times)

Offline mekoel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question-pain in lower ab area
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
I was hoping someone out there might be able to know what might be going on with my daughter. 

She's 22 and went to the ER today with sharp pain in her lower right abdomen.  They said they didn't think it was her appendix, so they did an ultra sound to check her ovary.  Everything came back negative (which is good). They sent her home with some pain meds.

She still has the pain tonight...not sharp but still there.  Does anyone know what it  could be???  She's said she also been nauseous today, and has been feeling bloated for a while now.  Also suffers from acid reflux.  I'm hoping since the ER sent her home that it's nothing serious.   Any response would be appreciated!!! Thanks    Also, she wouldn't go to the ER in less she was in a lot of pain!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question-pain in lower ab area
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:11:17 PM »
Maybe a cyst that burst? Those symptoms sound like a cyst, and if it had burst, it could still be sore in the area but wouldn't necessarily be seen on the u/s.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline mekoel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »
I was thinking the same thing but thought they would see something on the ultra sound???  You would think the ER doc would say something about that....
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:25:01 PM »
You know, I'm not sure. I don't know if it would leave any remnants behind or not. I had one once, didn't burst, but by the time I had the u/s it was gone altogether.
I think I would go with what the ER said and then if she continues to have pain for several more days, she should see her reg. doc. Maybe the ER was too busy, or thought it wasn't their job to try and figure out what it was....you never know.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:25:25 PM »
My 28 year old brother had the same issue earlier this year. Lower right ab pain, appendicitis suspected. Everything came back clear and he was sent home with pain meds.
Pain slowly dissipated a week later and he hasn't ha it since. He is notorious for his soda and energy drinks though and had to lay off of them.

Is your daughter overweight? Poor eating habits? Any problems with anxiety? Any new meds or has she taken a lot of over the counter stuff, as of late?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mekoel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:28 PM »
She's not a great eater, but not too bad.  She is not over weight.  She has been complaining about acid reflux and being bloated, but I'm not sure how that could be related to bad lower ab pain.

Did read some sites on ovarian cyst but got two different views on being able to see a burst cyst on an ultra sound..

Just hate not knowing and I don't want to make her anxious about it...but I am,
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 12:05:09 AM »
Are you gonna have her make an appt with a gyno?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: