Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Claw toes - Is this common?  (Read 93 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Claw toes - Is this common?
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
My physiotherapist confirmed that I have what he called claw toes, on both my feet. I´m in a "no-google" kind of zone right now, and wont Google it. The only thing he said was that this could be caused by a vast amount of different things, too thight shoes and stuff like that.

But, I think I remember reading somewhere that clawtoes could be an indicator of neuro issues. Is that right?

If so, is neuro issues the most common cause of claw toes or are there other more benign causes that are more probable?

Is this something I should investigaste further, or is this one of those things that is best left alone?

Any thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated. I´m off of Lyrica since a week back more or less, and my anxiety has been through the roof latelly.
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Claw toes - Is this common?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:03:58 AM »
Anyone?:/
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline quietghosts

• Rec's: 0
  • 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
Re: Claw toes - Is this common?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:19:53 AM »
Hey! I was just freaking out about this earlier. Yeah, it's linked to some things but most of them are rare. Claw toes are common in people who wear shoes too small for them and can even be passed through genes. I have it too, mine aren't too bad but it's noticable. Good on you for not Googling. Claw toes are common, and hammer toes are the worse version of these. You can hsve surgery through keyhole and have them straightened for aestetic appeal, but unless they cause you pain they shouldn't be a problem.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: