Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety Increased-Coping Skills  (Read 177 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety Increased-Coping Skills
« on: September 04, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »
I am going through a very stressful situation right now and my anxiety seems unbearable.  I used to have a good hold on it but now everything seems to bug me.  I can't even walk into a store now without feeling overwhelmed by all the people going every which way.  I get home from work and usually make dinner but lately even that seems overwhelming.  It's very odd like I will be fine one moment and then next I can't deal.  I don't know how to get myself out of this funk.  I used to be able to control my anxiety really well and now I feel like I slid down a hill and won't ever see the top again.  How can I cope with this new anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety Increased-Coping Skills
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:17:37 AM »
You have try and understand why your anxiety levels increased. It happens to a lot of people. But if we know why we have something to blame it on and can move forward from there. Coping skills are still there. It is more just that you have forgotten how to use them. We can spend years learning about coping. Anxiety hits and we forget everything we ever learned. In the height of anxiety. More about sitting yourself down. Taken a deep breath or two. Slowing everything down. I can imagine that might seem to be going at 100 mph and you are going only at 10 mph. Everything is hectic. Practice is the key word. Even if you know it all from before. You tube has some amazing videos on relaxing and breathing in the right way. It can all be about learning all over again. You are simply having a bad setback right now.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:32 PM »
There's a website called ExcelatLife with some good relaxtion/ coping on audio.  Just get comfortable and listen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »
Thanks guys.  I do know what's causing my anxiety I just have to face my fear and talk about it with my therapist.  I see now by not doing so and ignoring it that my anxiety is getting worse and worse in areas that don't normally bug me.  Ugh if only we could just snap our fingers and our anxiety would be gone it would be wonderful.  Instead I need to keep working at it otherwise it won't get any better. Thanks for the site it has a lot of good tips and good reads on it.  I especially liked the article about perfectionism.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: