Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma? I'm nuts ....  (Read 180 times)

Offline JGhypo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma? I'm nuts ....
« on: September 04, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »
I have a full feeling in my neck as I would with swollen glands , but there's no pain and I can't see not feel any kind of swelling. Also makes me wonder about this persistent slight chest pain I've been having. I know you guys think I'm a 19 year old nut case:( my doctor felt for nodes while I was going through the leukemia fit and she said she didn't feel any....I've always had a very active lymph system if tht makes any sense. I've always got one floatin Around but this feeling in my neck is freakig me out.  It's like right under the jawline kind of I've also got like a matted feeling one on back if my neck....here we go again....
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma? I'm nuts ....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »
If your doc couldn't feel them, I don't think you're feeling nods...just part of the anatomy of the neck/chin.

I was reading a post from a nurse, scolding someone who kept prodding their nodes. She said something like "first off, you think you're touching lymphnodes by looking at a picture online. In reality, it takes years of experience to know what a suspicious node feels like. Dr.'s have years of education and experience for a reason. Trust them."

If it's just a feeling, I think it's anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JGhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »
Thanks I have no idea how to get out of anxiety hell...
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 24
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »
Thanks I have no idea how to get out of anxiety hell...

There's a few things that you can do depending on your situation. Certainly you can have an honest sit down with your parents and ask for help. My daughter is 21 and came to me and her Mom and told us what was going on. She had some severe anxiety and depression and needed help. So her Mom and I spoke and discussed whet we thought would be the best thing for her (we've been divorced for over ten years but are civil and still speak when it comes to the children and always have). Her Mom found a therapist locally and took her to her doctor where they discussed medication. She had been on Zoloft in the past and it wasn't working any more. After a couple of tries, they got a med and dosage that's working and between that and therapy she's doing well, back in college and working.

You can also find some really good CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) courses free on line. I used one and it was awesome in helping me with some "scanxiety" issues and depression I deal with due to health issues (heart and cancer). Its really good stuff and helps you adopt a logical and positive attitude and mindset.

Bottom line JG, is that "you" have to take the steps. "You" have to want to get better and "you" have to work at it. Anxiety disorder is not like the common cold where you can take some over the counter drugs and get better and feel totally back to normal. It's serious stuff and takes determnation and work. The good news is, you can heal and move on with your life.

I'm telling you this as a Dad and one who has serious health issues. Life is much too short to spend it worrying about things that "may" happen, especially one in a million illnesses like brain tumors, cancers. heart fears and all the other one in a million things that are all over these boards. If you live long enough, you're gonna get something. In the mean time, learn to "live"... I have issues that can bury me six feet under. Anxiety is an illness that does the same thing above ground.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline JGhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
My parents divorces last year and can't even be in the same room together . ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 24
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
My parents divorces last year and can't even be in the same room together . ...

I'm sorry to hear that. Even when amicable, divorce is a difficult thing for offspring regardless of age and there are no winners. Deep down, I know some of my daughters issues are due to the divorce. That being said, I had and have a better relationship with my children after the divorce as I wasn't dealing with the issues with my ex.

If you're close with one or both of your parents, hopefully you can discuss this with them. If you have the inner fortitude to do so, you can pursue this on your own and look into treatment. I don't know where you are but there are clinics and hotlines to call that can point you in the right direction. Say what you will, you can seek out and get help if you want to. Forums like this are great support and it's comforting to know you're not alone in your struggle but no one here is a doctor nor trained professional. I hope you heed my advice and seek out some help. For me, it's sad to see so many young people struggling so badly.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline mekoel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
You should listen to "fishmanpa".  He is so right.  You can't get better until you go and do something about it!!! Your feelings aren't going to just disappear!!  You have to work through them.  You are way to young to continue on this path!!!

Go talk to someone you trust or if you can, make a DR appt. and tell him/her what you are going through .

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: