Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird body tingles  (Read 305 times)

Offline lilsweety3926

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird body tingles
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:59 PM »
Hey everyone. lately I have been going crazy thinking I have MS due to nose tingly nose sensations the last 2 weeks.  Today and yesterday I noticed I am kinda feeling random tickles all over, I can best describe it as the feeling you get when a bug is on you, and there isn't.  I know this happens to everyone once in a while, however I am getting it all over my arms, and back today and yesterday.  I am wondering if this could be an anxiety symptom as well? If it is, its a new one for me.  Please weigh in if you can, thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird body tingles
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:57:18 AM »
I suffer from this as well and my doctor is certain its anxiety/depression.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:24:57 AM »
It keeps happening randomly, mostly on my arms where my sleeves cover.  Last night I was wearing short sleeves and barely noticed a thing. My office is cold and I wear 3 quarter length sleeves today and I feel it.  Sound like anxiety?  Im still worried about MS, but went to my doc yesterday who said its probably anxiety and perscrived 5mg of buspar which is pretty low so who knows if it'll help. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline filopastry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »
I has this recently as well, particularly on my tongue and lips, I think its just another one of those anxiety things that we can be blessed with.

I seem to have been running the full range of physical anxiety symptoms in the last year or so!
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »
When you're going through a bout of tingles, how often do you feel it?  It is constant, often throughout the day, a few times, etc? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline filopastry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 11:49:50 AM »
When you're going through a bout of tingles, how often do you feel it?  It is constant, often throughout the day, a few times, etc?

Sorry I only saw this now, for me it seems to vary by day, some days when I am more stressed/tired it seems to be pretty constant, others it kicks in more at the end of the day when I am getting more tired
Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:22:47 PM »
I get this on my scalp and if I notice it once,  I fixate it and by the end of the day, it's awful. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
I get this on my forehead!! And sometimes my nose. Like something is moving underneath.. Very scary but i guess its related to anxiety because when i dont think about it, it goes away! Funny how anxiety works huh? I feel fine for a couple of days and then i get worked up about something and then boom my scary sensations/symptoms pop up! Hate it
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
Yeh I am really trying to believe its "just" anxiety.  I am noticing it a lot during the day at work, particularly on my arms and torso where my clothes are.  Its that sensation like something crawling on you or a tickle.  IF I feel it on my lower arm, then roll up my sleeves the sensation is no longer there.  So its really only is where my clothes are, however I have not noticed it when I go to bed at night or whenI have been busy after work.  The feeling on my nose has been better the past couple days, knock on wood. 

I am trying SUPER hard to not think this is MS but I am struggling.  My wedding is in one month (I am also moving 3 hours away) and I think I am going to get this horrible diagnosis before it.  That is some intrusive thinking right there.  Its like one hour I chalk it up to anxiety and the next im convinced its MS.  UGH :( :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
No i do not think you have MS but i do think it is al stress! Wedding planning is a stressfull event and moving away maybe even bigger stress factor!

My crawling sensations are also moving alot. At first i had those constant but now for the last couple of weeks ive calmed down and i only notice when i'm stressed. I think once we are so focussed on our bodies we tend to feel things that are nothing special but then our minds go for a spin and we are back were we first started!

Please calm down first, i know its so damn hard but thats the first step to get better!!

Youre getting maried!!! Please enjoy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »
I appreciate the answers.  I have been incredibly stressed.  I have the hugest life chances happening right now.  I just wish I could get these physical HA symptoms under control.  The weirdest thing about my tingles is I only feel them where I have clothing.  If I take off my sweater, im fine.  I think if it was a disease I'd feel the tingles with our without clothing on my skin...does that sound reasonable to you guys?

My Dr. put me on 5mg of Buspar 1 week and a half ago.  I have not noticed any changes with it, however its a VERY lose dose from what I understand.  I go see her again this week so I may ask to up it to 10 mg (a more normal dosage).  I don't wanna take meds but maybe just to get through the wedding and big move.   Sigh, I hate having HA :(.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: