Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: don't believe second opinion either. I feel like breaking.  (Read 283 times)

Offline jimmy7777

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
don't believe second opinion either. I feel like breaking.
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
I went to see a second doctor today and all he did was prescribe me with an anxiety medicine. I tried to tell him about my fears of heart or lung disease and he told me based on my age he don't think that I have any of that. I really don't think he should come to that conclusion just based off my age. I even told him about the pain between my shoulders, the pain in my stomach, constant shottness of breath. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing we can do with suffering
except suffer it. "C.S Lewis"

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: don't believe second opinion either. I feel like breaking.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
How old are you Jimmy?

Are there times when you don't feel short of breath?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »
How old are you Jimmy?

Are there times when you don't feel short of breath?

I'm 31 and I've had cconstant shortness of breath for about a month now. Although the last couple of days haven't been as bad, but its still there and doesn't mean it can't get back to bad at any time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 04:06:31 PM »
I think they take into effect blood test results, pulse ox, and sounds coming from your lungs. Have you had an x-ray?

I have acute asthma and when my anxiety ramps up, I get shortness of breath feeling. I don't think I'm really short of breath because when I'm busy at work, I don't even notice it. It's not until I think about it, do I start breathing that way. I'm one year older than you BTW.

I get the same fears though and last time I had this, those fears were extinguished with a chest x-ray...but even if I get that done, I just roll onto the next disease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

I took a look back and you should be six feet under with all the things you've thought you've had since 2010! From what I saw, you've been told many times it's anxiety. You've sought some treatment and tried some meds. Not sure what you're doing currently but my goodness man, you have to do something to try and get a leash on this thing! You've had more tests and seen almost as many doctors as I have and I have serious health issues!

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
I've had 3 ekgs, blood work and 3 chest xrays. All came back clean. What do you all think the chance of something beimg missed with my heart?
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhh...well my opinion is you're fine. LOL. If something were wrong with your EKG, you'd be escalated to the next step and have an echo done (most likely).

I think you're fine and your doc wants to treat the root of the problem: anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 29
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
Sounds like your doc is a smart man.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
Ok, for the last 3 days I've felt alot better although I've still had anxiety,  but I haven't had to use my inhaler when I was using it like 3or 4 times a day. You would think thats great and don't get me wrong it is, but the problem is I haven't been able to enjoy it because I've been to obssesed over if and when I'll start feeling bad again. I'm having thoughts like "is it gonna start again?" Is it gonna come back worse than before?" I'm I breathing ok?" "I'm I having trouble breathing? " and like every second of the day I'm paying attention to my breathing and analyzing every feeling I get on my body and I am just so hyper sensitive to everything.
I just wish this would go away.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 29
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »
Ok, for the last 3 days I've felt alot better although I've still had anxiety,  but I haven't had to use my inhaler when I was using it like 3or 4 times a day. You would think thats great and don't get me wrong it is, but the problem is I haven't been able to enjoy it because I've been to obssesed over if and when I'll start feeling bad again. I'm having thoughts like "is it gonna start again?" Is it gonna come back worse than before?" I'm I breathing ok?" "I'm I having trouble breathing? " and like every second of the day I'm paying attention to my breathing and analyzing every feeling I get on my body and I am just so hyper sensitive to everything.
I just wish this would go away.

You act as if you have no choice in the matter.  You have asthma, you have anxiety, you have real stressors and they all feed off each other.  This leads to obsessive thinking patterns which are guaranteed to lead you right back to where you started.  The fact is this...you are not a victim.  You have made choices to be ill...and to continue in ill thinking.  You do indeed have a choice to turn it over to God or to continue to try to do His job for him.  You say you are a man of faith, so why do you attempt to control the uncontrollable?

The next time you decide to fixate on your breathing...you are at a crossroads with a real choice not to think about your breathing.  Give yourself an alternative...take a walk, pray, read, watch TV, play with the dog, talk to a friend, make a call to someone you love...any variety of things you can choose to do instead of worrying.  Will worrying add a day to your life?  No.  But, not worrying will add life to your life.  Choose to live today, and practice making good choices by practicing good mental hygiene.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: