Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird vision issues, anyone else?  (Read 293 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird vision issues, anyone else?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
coreen

most docs order 'reassurance med testing' because they assume it will actually reassure the patient.  AND with regular ole peeps without HA, it often does.    So do what you want to do,  :happy0151:  but just be aware that this sort of testing mostly doesn't do what it was meant to do. 

I took zoloft when I was nursing my youngest back in 2003.  IDK if it worked or not.  I took it about 3 months, I think.  At which point my hormones were probably pretty much back to normal and my  :dazed: had subsided.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Coreen15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »
So did you have any side effects from the zoloft? Any effects on your child? So you took it for 3 months and the the anxiety subsided and you just went off of it and that was it, the Anxiety finally went away?
Did you ever have any scans on your head?
It's maybe this one final test that will make me get over this craziness. I think it will be the final obstacle in the road if everything turns out fine. It may all I need to do to stop this constant worry over a brain tumour cause that is my number 1 problem right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »
I didn't notice side effects  BUT I wasn't expecting any.   I went off the pills because, meh, I wanted to.  I don't necessarily think my anxiety went away.  I just wasn't worrying about health stuff at that time.  My daughter was fine.  She is 11 now.

I didn't deal with THE anxiety "why's, how's and wherefore's", really, until 2009.  that is when I started to get "real" with what anxiety is.  2009 is when I began REALLY seeking recovery  :happy0151:

You can get the scan.  Again your choice either way. Based on my interpretation of what you say in your posts---what your thinking process seems to be. Your posts read like many anxious peeps.  My guess is it will probaly "solve" your anxiety about a brain tumor.  But I am doubtful it will solve your anxiety disorder.  My opinion is in a week or month or 6 months, you will get some new symptoms OR you will get some new stresses in your life and your HA will reassert itself.  I don't say any of  this to be mean.  I say this because I did this to myself (said the same sorts of things) for a long time AND I have seen this play out with member after member at AZ for 5+ years.
So I guess you could say I am a little bit jaded with regard to reassurance med testing having any long term effect on people..

I hope you are right and the scan will be the thing that gets you on the road to recovery     :yes:

good luck with whatever you opt to do.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
OH missed your question asking about  scans

1997--- I had an brain MRI and loads of blood work because I had all kinds of whacky symptoms.  I was certain I had MS (toyed with ALS until a psychiatrist laughed at me  ::) )...  I thought the MRI missed the MS.   Saw a psychologist.  wanted to put me on meds but I was nursing one of my kids.  In '97 docs wouldn't prescribe ssris to nursing mothers.  What got me  out of that lunacy was throwing myself into a gardening.

2000---thought I had MS again.  went to a different neuro.  I had MRI of mid and lower back and NCS and EMG of left leg.  went on paxil briefly.  got prgnant with my 5th child and went of meds

2009--- started in 2008.  thought I had MS AGAIN.  Had a couple of very bad stress years.   Had MRI with contrast on brain, MRI with contrast on cervical spine, NCS on both arms.  had EMG on left arm.

2009---briefly toyed with having ovarian cancer.  doc did uterine biopsy and ultrasound.   

I joined AZ in march 2009.  this was about the time I started, really down my healing path.  I haven't had a reassurance test since 2009.
Bookmark and Share