Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: People with heart anxiety  (Read 168 times)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
People with heart anxiety
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
Just wondering something. Today when out shopping I walked up some stairs and felt really strange. I felt really warm and hot and like I wasn't getting any air and I could my heart thumping in my chest. It was a telly uncomfortable feeling an obviously I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to drop dead in the shop.

That was probably 20-25 mins ago and I haven't died yet. In the lead up to it though for about 2 hours I was feeling a bit dodgy in my upper abdomen and lower chest. Sort of like heart burn I guess but I didn't take anything for it. However after the episode in the shop all of thy discomfort completely disappeared. Except now I just feel lightheaded and crampy in my lower abdomen.

Don't really know what to make of it all. A part of me is wonderin if stairs are causing my heartrate to elevate and which is then triggering me into a panic attack? But then I can't explain all the other feelings I am having like the cramping in my lower abdomen right now. I assume the light headedness is from the panic attack.

Anyway. Any reassurance?
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Justsmilealready

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: People with heart anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »
You're focussing on your hear rate too much, which causes it to speed up even more and you get lightheaded. Take antacids for heartburn and I bet it will help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
Probably just a panic attack.  Thinking about it will only make it worse. Try not to take short/shallow breaths during an episode.  You may hyperventalate which increases anxiety, lightheadedness, shortness of breath feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
If you've had your heart checked out by a doc and given an "all clear" then chalk it up to anxiety.  If you haven't been checked out then give your doc a call and tell him what occurred just to be safe.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
Probably just a panic attack.  Thinking about it will only make it worse. Try not to take short/shallow breaths during an episode.  You may hyperventalate which increases anxiety, lightheadedness, shortness of breath feeling.

Ha I love the "proabably just a panic attack", sounds so definite and comforting. It might be a panic attack but you could also be about to drop dead. But on a serious note, its hard to even think of breathing when you are convinced you are at deaths door. I cant remember what my breathing was like but I imagine not good.

If you've had your heart checked out by a doc and given an "all clear" then chalk it up to anxiety.  If you haven't been checked out then give your doc a call and tell him what occurred just to be safe.

I had an ECG about a month ago and he commented on the rate my heart was beating at but that was because I was convinced I was having a heart attack on the ECG chair! But the more time goes on the more I am starting to question the capabilities of the Doctor who did it. I hope is a built in warning into the actual machine to flag if there is an issue or not. I am debating going to a different doctor for another one and some bloodwork (26 years old and no doctor has ever taken blood to test it - seems mental!) but I think that may only give credence to my worries and make me worse so I dont know yet.

You're focussing on your hear rate too much, which causes it to speed up even more and you get lightheaded. Take antacids for heartburn and I bet it will help!

I can hear just fine thank you! My rate of hearing is excellent!  :P
Bookmark and Share
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
Why do you question the capabilities of the doctor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »
Why do you question the capabilities of the doctor?

He just doesnt seem to be all there mentally. They always have him on the evening shift which I assume is the least busy. He moves at a top speed of 2mp/h and he seems incapable of typing on a computer. Its a 10 minute wait while he types out a prescription. 1 key at a time, when he makes a mistake and has to delete a line I die inside a little. He just doesn't seem to inspire confidence. Hes a nice man and all but he moves like hes 80 and hes probably not even 60 hes foreign, which absolutely isnt an issue but he can be difficult to understand when he speaks.

Hes probably absolutely correct. I mean it seems to always be stairs. I walk around on level ground fast without issue. 2 weeks ago I was at a house before a funeral and the family ran out of teabags for guests and I ran to the shop and back and felt fine. Like actually ran, I was out of breath when I got back naturally but it wasnt the same as these damn stairs which makes me think its all in my head but at the same time it feels too real and is too frequent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
If you're not comfortable with you doctor then you should get a new one. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 03:04:20 PM »
If you're not comfortable with you doctor then you should get a new one.

He was the only one available at the time. I went in with an emergency appointment because I was sure I was having a heart attack at the time. Left arm numb, intense chest pain etc etc. Why I am debating going to see my regular Doctor so I can get rid of that doubt but going to the Doctor never comforts me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: