Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Thoughts please. Not related to me though.  (Read 110 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thoughts please. Not related to me though.
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
Ok I would just like opinions here that's all. It's not really related to me but has to do with my close friends 8 year old sister.

First off, my friend has listened to me about how bad anxiety and panic disorders are. She thinks that it's an easy simple fix, like a cold that goes away in a matter of weeks. I know it's frustrating for people who do not have the disorder to understand. But she's very harsh at times and it hurts my feelings. I don't want to go into full details or sound mean for talking about her cause that's not what doing. I'm just saying she can be really cold towards me and when she knows I'm in the middle of anxiety attack. And I always say if you only knew.

Well last night she texted me and told me she had to go straight to the er after work that her little 8 year old sister was having a hard time breathing and my friend of course was freaked out. And I was like oh no. She was like "don't say there's something wrong with her" and I was like well if she's at the er then there has to be. But I was thinking maybe it was asthma. The doctors ruled out panic attack first, before doing further testing which was odd cause usually they rule out everything physical then say it's anxiety or panic attacks. When my friend left the hospital they were running cardiac tests on her and she was on oxygen but was calmed down. I asked my friend to please inform me what was wrong. Well she didn't text me until tonight and said it was a panic attack. And I was shocked cause I really thought it was asthma or something like that. 

Well I asked my friend what were they gonna do for her and she said nothing. I told her that this was something hrs needed to be looked into. The child's living environment is horrible. Her parents fight and cuss at each other all the time and there was a trigger to this attack. And I tried telling my friend this and she totally blew me off. She told me that her sister would be fine and that she won't have anymore and she don't need help or anything.  And I tried telling her that it's still a red flag and she may not have another one and for her sake I hope she don't but being one who knows what this awful disorder is like, I simply telling my friend the facts and she kept blowing me off and saying she didn't want to talk about it. I don't know if it's just me, but maybe her knowing my experience with panic disorder and she has another friend too with it, maybe she's in denial that her sister could have it? It sad that her family won't take precautions and take their child to a regular doctor to maybe help her future. Maybe it was her first and last panic attack. I don't line but later down the road she could have more. I only hope that if she does have another one that my friend will see this little girl needs help before it takes over. I tried telling this to my friend but she was so mean and was like telling me to stop and went to bed.

Anyway, I was just wanting to see what others thought. I'm close with this friend and her family and to see this little girl go thru this at age 8 is very sad and that her family not taking this seriously. 
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thoughts please. Not related to me though.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:50:49 AM »
So sad that this happened to someone so young. Unfortunately, you can only give advice to your friend. We can't make people take our advice. As much as we know how it is to live like this, others just can't understand it. You're a good friend for trying so hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thoughts please. Not related to me though.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:44:17 PM »
You are right. It's frustrating but it happens. I try to be a good friend I only wish my friend could see that and not be so rude to me and blow me off like she did.  :(
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: