Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Low Vitamin D  (Read 311 times)

Online Beth0810

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Low Vitamin D
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
My D level is 17.  VERY low.  Do you live in the Midwest?  Low D is SO common now with people wearing sunscreen all the time.  TAKE the supplement.  Mine works almost like an antidepressant.  I have less pain, I'm more cheerful, and I have LESS anxiety! 

Make sure you take a GOOD D3 supplement.  NOW brands is a good one.  Start with 2000 IU.  You can go up to 5000 when you are sick. 

Low D is linked to a LOT of illnesses.  Low thyroid, for one.  Have you had that checked?  Chances are that you have no other comorbid conditions,  thought, and you just have low D.  Now a biggie.  Get it up and you will feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
I had below normal d.  my hubs and my youngest too.  I bet everybody not on supplements will be below what is considered normal.  I take 2000mg d3, a multi with it and ca pill with it---when I remember ;) .  I also walk 4 miles a day in the mornings so I get sun that way.   at any rate my d level at my last blood work was in the 50's. so normal.   

I am more concerned about low d for bone issues.  taking d or not I have no change in mood or how my body feels. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 01:10:01 PM »
Yes ^^^^^ that's right you need to buy D3 and start taking it. It won't hurt you!!!! It's a very very important vitamin!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »
(
Low vitamin D has nothing to do with MS.

They haven't proven causality between low vit d and MS, but the two do share some connection. All new studies are showing that MS patients with higher vit D levels do better in the long-term and go into remission more often. Plus there's the obvious "risk factor" of living in northern latitudes with less sunlight half of the year. Some researchers are even going so far to say that it might be possible to prevent MS by keeping vit D levels up. So it doesn't hurt for all of us to keep our levels high!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bearsfb66

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
I had low Vitamin D and my doctor placed me on a supplement to raise it. I was at 23 and now I am at 78. He stated most people in the Mid-West have low Vitamin D due to low sunlight most of the year. I use Ortho-Molecular Vitamin D3 5000IU supplement. Its not that expensive and it has raised my levels fairly quickly. I get a CBC w/diff blood test every 4  months and since I used this supplement it has worked wonders for me.
Bookmark and Share

Online patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 08:09:01 PM »
8-10 weeks back I was feeling AWFUL - every joint in my body ached - thought my Lyme Disease came back.  Went to doc, he did blood work and my Vit D was 26 (I had independently started taking Vit D about 2 weeks before the blood test so who knows how low it had gone).  Anyway, taking 2,000 IUs twice a day and today all the aches are gone - feels good!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: