Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ct results  (Read 232 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ct results
« on: September 03, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »
came home after 5 tonite docs office called to make an appt about my ct scans-usually i get the ct is fine message.  Anyone else get bad news with a ct scan???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
Re: ct results
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »
Have you had a CT with this doc before?  Some docs just like to present the news in person. It could also be something minor that the doc wants to talk about in person (e.g. when I had my abdominal CT, I had an enlarged ovary, a pocket of fluid and an enlarged appendix... nothing too scary, but things I needed to follow up on).
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:59:58 PM »
first time ct with her-ordered ultrasounds and she called with results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »
This would totally make me panic but chances are all is well or something minor was found. Remember they get $$$ for having you come in for a consultation!  :yes:
What did you have the ct scan for?? This is exactly why I HATE medical testing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:51:29 AM »
Going with my husband today because his CT scan had 8 areas of concern.  I showed it to my primary and he said they're just being overly cautious. One 'area' is from repeated UTI's and self cathing for 30 plus years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:58:37 AM »
I got called back to the doctor's office for test results once after having a test for acid reflux. I told the nurse my nerves couldn't handle this - and she told me on the phone it wasn't anything to be concerned about. When I went in he just told me I had "shocker" acid reflux. Maybe when you call back tell them how stressful this is for you and ask for a quick appointment or some reassurance over the phone. No need to stress needlessly. I spent an entire day last week waiting for ct scan results and was so completely stressed out that I made myself sick. I wouldn't call, just waited. Turns out the results were normal and doctor had read them that morning. If I had only called, I could have saved myself hours of stress and anxiety. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 09:01:26 AM »
Some Doctors are changing their way of doing things and yes one way is to get more money and  some state laws have changed. The Doctors also do not like now in most places you can get your results online I know mine didn't like it he said that is the worse thing to ever happen.

I know when I had testing done I was told over the phone my bad news which I wont go into but with mine they don't care to tell you but they do call and tell us lab results good or bad and then if bad my doctor says who I need to see next.

If something bad had shown up they would have had you come in ASAP like they did me so I would say it is nothing serious.

Peace
Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline eva1227

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:29:56 AM »
When my husband had a CT and US a few months ago, the doctor refused to give us the results over the phone. We had to come in for him to tell us that they didn't find anything abnormal. I also refuse to look up any results online. I never want to be in a position where I have test results and have absolutely no idea what they mean!!

Eva
Bookmark and Share

Tags: