Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scurvy?!  (Read 56 times)

Offline Parky94

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scurvy?!
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
Hey guys, back with another crazy hypochondriac episode. So at around May i suffered quite a bad anxiety episode which lasted almost a month, during this time my diet and eating habits pretty much disappeared, i ate very little and for most days didn't get 1 portion of fruit or veg let alone 5. This eating habit went on for a good 2 months and still isn't really great now, i'm trying to add as much fruit/veg as possible but its hard when you have such bad eating habits! Now in September i'm quite worried with what impact that has had on my body... I've had an ache in my knee for the past few weeks and after Dr.Google i found scurvy...now thanks to anxiety i think my gums hurt. I haven't had an anxiety attack in a long while and thought i was over it until this. When does this stop  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scurvy?!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »
I don't think you can get scurvy that fast - think of how badly most people eat when they're away at college for the first time, and most of them don't get scurvy.  But that said, it's easy to fix if you do - more vitamin C intake. 

Still, chances are your achy knee is just a knee pain, and your sore gums may be psychosomatic.  Pick up some vitamin C supplements because they're good to have during cold season, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything