Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Nose tickles!?  (Read 137 times)

Online lilsweety3926

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Nose tickles!?
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
Hey everyone,
For the past week I have had what I can best describe as a tickle on the outside of my nose.  I initially thought nothing of it, then I went to dumb Dr. Google and found MS as a possibility.  I've also read it could be an anxiety thing.  So my brain is constantly thinking about my nose now and I have felt this for a week.  I have my check up tomorrow and am unsure if I should mention it to my doctor, b/c I don't wanna sound dumb. 

Its just an annoying feeling like a piece of hair or something is on my nose.  I wouldn't say its numb, more tickly.  I had a clean MRI 8 months ago, but that was a while ago I guess. Im planning a wedding and stressed!  Now all I can think about is having some impending doom take over. 

Has this ever happened to anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nose tickles!?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »
I've been having a nonstop itch on (not in) my nose for weeks now.  It's incredibly annoying!  Never occurred to me that it might be something dangerous - I assumed it was from messing up a nerve in my neck, because I have constant tension and muscle aches in my neck and headaches, jaw pain, etc.  If you find out, let me know, but man, I thought I was alone in this one!
Bookmark and Share

Online lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
You are not alone!  I have a check up with my doc today so I am going to run it by her.  Not gonna lie I feel dumb to say my symptom is a tingly nose lol, but its the truth.  I have been getting itchy everywhere else too but I think that's my anxiety at place.  I am under lots of stress planning a wedding and making a big move and such so I hope its all my anxiety messing with me here. 
Bookmark and Share

Online lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
Well for about 4 days this nose sensation went away and now its back :(.  My doctor last week laughed when I though it could be MS and prescribed me with 5mg of buspar a day (very low dose).  I go back to get re-checked today.  My doc loves follow up appointments (she's a really good dr).  I have tingly sensations (only where clothing touches my arms (mostly) and torso.  Goodness IDK what this could be. 

I am really struggling.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:42:29 PM »
I have experienced everything plus more to what you're describing. I remember when my MS fears were first beginning, I felt the ant sensations only where my clothes were as well. I also feel the ticklish sensations on the nose and face. For me it feels as if I walked into a spider web. I get that sensations on my face, arms and fingers. Although these complaints seem harmless, they take a toll psychologically. So I understand exactly where you're coming from, and I've been going through this for 15 months with numerous neuro opinions and brain MRI's, and none of them suggest anything is wrong
Bookmark and Share

Online lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 08:16:18 AM »
Wow LASD, thanks for your input and I am glad all of your tests have come back negative.  I saw my doc last night who told me to push MS out of my brain and see how I feel after the wedding.  She also upped my buspar from 5mg to 15 per day. 

Do you ever get any relief from your symptoms? 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: